PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Fan w/ Rain Sensor

sr
03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I am not sure if anyone has addressed this issue, but here goes. I have had problems with my Fantastic Fan's cover sticking to the rubber gasket and not being able to open with out going up on the roof and releasing the cover. While in Florida, I tried to manually open it and stripped the shear pin. I had a friend who said there is a sort of recall from Fantastic Fan regarding this problem. I went online to the Fantastc Fan web page and sure enough there was a FAQ that referred to the problem and to call customer service to have a new seal kit sent out at no charge. I ordered 2 for both my fans and they came in 3 days. The seal, adhesive and some lubricant for the seal. If anyone is having the same problem here is the number to call and order 800-521-0298.

Good luck

rotaxman
03-28-2007, 08:22 PM
sr

Thanks for the tip my 06 36 TK3 does the same thing. I find that most of the times if I keep recycling the switch most of the time it will finally break loose and lift.

I will be calling and getting the new gaskets.

Thanks again

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

billr
03-28-2007, 09:25 PM
sr,

Thanks for the info! Our unit is at the dealer now with this issue on the list! Will fwd your info for them to action! 3rd visit for warranty items and this has been on the list each time.

Cheers,
Bill

BobW
04-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a posting I sent in. We have had a problem with ours sticking from day one. I'll make the call.

OB
04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I called this morning and they said there would be a kit to correct it in the mail this afternoon. No charge., OK how about lets give the Fantastic fan folks a great big attaboy for standing behind thier products.

jaoneil
04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the info SR. I called and got ours within a few days. Ours has been sticking since the first summer. We brought and to dealer and all the way to factory (along with other issues) for a fix. Still was sticking. DH will be installing it as soon as we get our rig out of storage next weekend (I hope). We had snow yesterday in Minnesota. 5 more weeks until the rally and then on to Alaska for the summer. Can't wait.

Thanks again!!