PDA

View Full Version : Entry Door Assist Handle

Lauren
03-16-2007, 06:14 PM
While loading up for a short trip, GW Barbara lost her balance on the steps and banged into the assist handle, breaking of the knobs that hold it open and closed. (Better that than a fall with her two brand new hip replacements!)

Does anyone know the name of the handle or where to get one? I see the Lend a Hand but not sure the mounting is the same - handle is designed a little differently.

I would just like to get a couple of the caps with the knobs but would imagine I have to buy a whole new handle.

Thanks for any info.

Lauren

ponch
03-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Lauren

Why don't you call the factory and see what they say.

Ponch

Lauren
03-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I have contacted Kent, obviously, but they may have used more than one kind. So I thought I would ask here.

rverdlm
03-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Ours is just like the one we bought at Camping World for our last trailer. If you have a CW nearby I'd start there.

Lauren
03-16-2007, 09:05 PM
The most common one out there is Lend A Hand and we do not have that - at least not the current model. Mounting holes are different.

ponch
03-17-2007, 06:44 AM
I am right next door to a CW if you would like me to look.

I wonder if yours is the same as my 2005?

Ponch

Lauren
03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
This is the most common handle; unfortunately, this is not what we have. Will stop at CW tomorrow and see if the mounting centers are the same. I know the holes won't be as the LAH uses two srews I think and the one I have uses 4. Thanks for your help.

Lauren