PDA

View Full Version : Recall and service bulletins ??????

OB
03-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Where and how do I find or get recall or service bulletins on my 04 36TK3 ?

I keep hearing about these things but have no dealer anywhere close by. I'd love to find out about them. Thanks for your help.
OB n Sue

Motor31
03-16-2007, 09:45 AM
If nothing else you might be able to get some info from the factory for bulletins related to your year and model trailer.

jack_diane_freedom
03-16-2007, 02:01 PM
We have an 05 36TK3 and the only re-call notice we have ever received was for the steel wheel recall. Now that being said the dealer, Can-Am RV took the initiative to do the Lippert hydraulic upgrade with no prompting from me but no other service bulletins or recalls. Do not even know if they exist.

Jack

OB
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Jack; Tell me about the steel wheel recall.. That's whats on my MS ??
Thanks OB

jack_diane_freedom
03-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Steel wheel recall was for a short production run in early 2005. The wheel manufacturer had a production run with bad welds. We never had a problem but received a letter from Doubletree to go to the dealer and have them changed of course no charge. We never had a problem but got a nice set of aluminum wheels that look much nicer. It was specific to early 2005 units so it would not affect your unit.

Jack

Gillesm
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I have an 04 36 tk3 and had a steel wheels failure DT have replace with alumnun wheels ,theses also broke ,they replace them against this time with Alcoa wheels made in china, have not pulled with theses yet.I think that the problems is not the wheels but the tire being too strong for theses wheels.

OB
03-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info on the steel rims. My unit is an early 04. I noticed some rust on the inside of the rims when raising the coach. So I plan on cleaning them up and painting the insides...soon? Have a set of nice aluminum 16 inchers on my old unit but they date back to 1989. So I guess I better stick with what I've got, unless you all know of an inexpensive source of aluminum rims that will handle "G" rated tires.
Thanks
OB

rverdlm
03-17-2007, 07:11 PM
All rims are rated for the pressure and load they will handle. It is usually stamped on the rims. IMHO if the rims are stamped appropriately you will not have a problem.

BlueSkyRanch
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
How can we keep this list up to date? Any ideas?

bstark
10-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a dim recollection of those suspect wheels origionally being called "Tredit" wheels. Please allow for my characteristicly spotty 64 year old memory accuracy.

Dexter had a recall for "retaining pins" for their brake pads of the hydraulic disc brake systems fitted to 04/05 units also I believe; something along the lines that the pin could come loose and allow for the pads/pucks to dislodge.

An earlier version of the Dexter hydraulic brake actuator pump was not of the higher pressure type so braking effect was not up to par for these heavy units. I'm thinking the earlier ones (04) were of 1000PSI and they quickly went up to a 1600PSI???? Can anyone else confirm or correct my recollections?

RonS
10-09-2010, 03:14 PM
OB - Safety bulletin is out on some SNs of Dometic refrigerator, when at Interstate RV a rep/tech from Dometic came to Paul's and put on a shield to cover burner. Said when frig being used on LP could cause fire??? This was a few years ago, my RV is an 06. I also had the Hydralic pump upgrade done, but when at TrailAir for add on of level up, they took some of it off. Now landing gear drops a little before it goes up, but I know this is going to happen so I'm ready for it. I found out both of the above here on this forum.

Okie
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM
OB, try here;

http://rx4rv.com/archives/21/comment-page-2#comment-9812

Okie