PDA

View Full Version : Trailair Pin Box

fishwitch44
11-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I was wondering if anybody has one of these on their 5er??..I am thinking of getting one of these units or maybe a Morryde..Does anybody have any opinions on either one..Thanks..Bob

john
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I am going to suggest the Mor/Ryde pin hitch. I replaced the Trailair with the new anti-chucking M/R at the Rally in IN....works great and no air to worry about.

MDTdriver
11-04-2006, 09:10 PM
We have had the same one on our last to 5er's for over 5 years.
Air is not a problem for us as we have a compresser and tank mounted on our MDTruck.
We like it better than the air hitch that came with our MDT, I keep it aired up at max. height, and let the Trail Air do the work.
Works for us.

Larry & Kathy plus Meeko

Motor31
11-05-2006, 08:32 AM
We are on our second trailer with a Trail air pin box. Unless you have the Trailer Saver hich on the truck I wouldn't be without it. Keeping it aired up is no problem any more than keeping air in your tires is. I find the ride is much smoother with the pin box and it has more travel and adjustability options than the more ryde does.

fishwitch44
11-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the reply's..We are BRAND NEW to this so we really don't know which way to go.We have pulled our 5'er 3 times so far with the furthest being about 80 miles and I really don't like the herky jerkyness on these Michigan roads..We are planning a trip to Chicago in the spring so I have to make up my mind before then..thanks again..Bob

Thom
11-06-2006, 09:56 AM
I have one as well but do not go to all the hassel to break out the compressor. I just use a good quality bicycle pump to top it off