PDA

View Full Version : Factory

Badge
05-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Heading to the factory in June. Anyone been there? Where to stay since I am leaving my rig for three days?

Happy Camping!
Badge

5thwheeler
05-11-2005, 12:14 PM
See if they will give you a tour. I would like to post pictures here on the forums.

Badge
05-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks Admin. I will take some Photos and post them when I get back. I will be on the road for two months. Your state is one we will visit. Any suggestions for our visit?

You are doing a great job on the forum.

Happy Camping!
Badge

Wingnusa
05-11-2005, 07:40 PM
We lived in Iola, KS which is about 10min from Chanute. The Safari Museum downtown Chanute is good to see. We suggest going to Independence, KS if you like old houses and old time downtown with a good museum. Kansas City isn't too far away if you want to go there. I recommend the Steamboat Arabia Museum and the Plaza area if you go. Ft. Scott has a lot of civil war stuff and the downtown is cool. There are motels close to the factory to stay if you want to stay in Chanute. If you go to the Honda Motorcycle dealership say HI to Chance for us....Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Badge
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Wingnusa, Thanks for the info. We will follow your suggestions.

Happy Camping!
Badge

JimC
05-22-2005, 08:25 AM
If you have a three day block of time for repair, unless there is something that would cause the trailer to be unusable at the end of the day, you will probably be able to get it back until the next morning.

There is a city park a couple of miles from the plant, 50amps, water, dump all free. We've been there several times since '91, when we had out first HH. You'll be impressed with the service.

Jim

Nolan
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Yup checked out the factory and went on a tour. Wasn't able to get into the city park, was filled up so we stayed at a campground in Iola, KS.

rotaxman
01-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Nolan and Joann

How do you like your Hitchhiker? Would you buy another one? Thanks
As always good camping