PDA

View Full Version : Where are you located?

TOiler1
09-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Kinda quiet in here. I just found this site and looks like not much posting is going on. Lots of views though. The Pilgrim EZ board forum isn't too busy either but I figured that was because the board isn't exactly user friendly.

So...lets get something going here.
Where did you buy your OR/Pilgrim/Legend? What's the make and model?
Are you happy with it? If not, why?
Are you full-timers? How long? If not, in what state/country are you located?

We've been full-timers for almost 16 months. Sold our house in Oklahoma and have covered 38 states since then. We're currently in Redding, CA. Have plans to get a smaller temp rig to visit Alaska in 2008.

Worst CG was an old fishing camp in Okeechobee, FL. Best was the AF Academy in CO Springs, CO.
My favorite (recent) place was Moab, UT. Beautiful national parks and the state has very diverse scenery from east to west.

We plan on making our way down to AZ for the winter months. Love this life style and plan to be on the road for a long time. Love our OR and wouldn't dream of owning anything else.

Take care on the road folks.

CampingCaptain
09-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Do you have to be retired Air Force to stay at the campground at the Academy?

TOiler1
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Nope, just retired military. The military Fam Camps are some of the nicer places we've stayed. They don't cost as much and they generally give you plenty of room.

CampingCaptain
09-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh well. Either way I'm out as I only did 4 years. I did grow up in Colorado Springs and have been to the Academy before. The chapel is a beautiful, inspirational place.

TOiler1
09-08-2006, 09:18 PM
We were lucky to get in when we did, it was graduation week. We got to enjoy the Thunderbirds practice their fly-bys. They have a chow hall on base that the retirees can attend. Really good food at prices cheaper than I could ever cook them.

I noticed you're planning on retiring into a Mobile Suites unit. Are you in an OR now? If so, didn't you like it? We love ours. It's a big sucker (40' w/4 slides) but going full-time I felt I had to have some room. And you can't beat the treatment you get from the manufacturer whenever there's a problem, no matter how small.

Whatever you get, I wish you the enjoyment we've had. This is the life!