PDA

View Full Version : pk&running lights

jcar
08-28-2006, 11:14 PM
275rk durango by kz ink. 2004
what to look for for blowing fuse for park lights?

Stripit
08-29-2006, 07:22 AM
In the pin box is a junction box where the pigtail starts. I had mine apart last year and had to retighten all the connections. I was loosing my brakes every so often. It was a loose connection, and you might have one too??

jcar
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
thanks,looked ther, all ok

John Landry
09-01-2011, 11:31 AM
How long dose the lights work before the fuse blows? If it blows right when you put the lights on . This may be a hard find. Looks like you got a wire touching a ground some where. This is a touchie problem. You can disconnect the plug from your truck and wire a larger fused wire into the plug and get extra help to watch for some smoke to come from the grounded wire. I've done this a few time while working on 18 wheelers and foud the bad wiring. When I said use a large fuse wire is if the sysrtem takes a 15 amp, then get you a 20 or 30 amp inline fuse holder and wire it direct to the trailer battery with a long enought wire to work with. Be carful the wire will get hot. Keep one person next to the connection so he can disconnect it when you find the short. You might want to get extra fuses because you will burn some until you find the short.

jcar
09-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Found the problem in my connection plug, loose wire.
thanks to all that replyed, now have brake problem,
get a o.l. reading from controler?

John Landry
09-02-2011, 05:41 PM
You may want to check out your brake magnets. Possible one is grounding out. Seen this in the past, The magnet ware's through to the coil wire.

jcar
09-03-2011, 01:53 PM
thanks for info core wire. found wire wore thruogh on magnet.