PDA

View Full Version : Gooseneck adapter-sell/trade

flyingjack
12-27-2018, 12:59 PM
I've got an Eazlift GOOD2GO gooseneck adapter: 15"/7500 lb. For sale or trade for similar 17". I get in some tight spots and want a little more height.

2013 Montana pulled by 2016 2500 Silverado.

Any other ideas how to gain height?

Jack

Suite Sweets
12-27-2018, 06:23 PM
Jack, First, this communication and quote from etrailer

Is this Lippert approved i have an Keystone Couger and have an gooseneck adapter on it now but i need to change due to the pin box having to be rewelded. I dont want a 5th wheel hitch in my truck so just wanted to know about this product. I know that the gooseneck adapter will void warranty what about this product?

asked by: Tony

Expert Reply:
I spoke with my contact at Lippert and I have a solution as to how to maintain your warranty and still be able to pull your fifth wheel trailer with the gooseneck hitch. She said that the use of any extension or gooseneck adapter will void the limited frame warranty.

To maintain the warranty, her recommendation was for the Reese Goosebox. It is an acceptable aftermarket replacement for Lippert pin boxes. When properly installed, this does not void the Lippert limited frame warranty.

Second - I assume you want more height at the rails of the pickup. If your 5th wheel is level behind your tow vehicle now, you're opening a can of worms. I have the same concerns with my new-to-us DRV. We can pick-up one inch by adjusting the MorRyde independent suspension.

Good luck with your solution. If you come up with something novel, be sure to report on this website - I'd like to see if I can use your solution...

Eric

flyingjack
12-27-2018, 06:34 PM
We run a B&W in-bed ball hitch that is reversible so when not using nothing above the bed. I had warranty work done on my Mountaineer with no issues regarding rejection of warranty.
Jack

friz
02-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Not familiar with your 5th wheel but I have the same adapter on my Keystone Cougar. I don't mean to state the obvious but....on my 5th wheel the box to which the adapter attaches has 4 different sets of bolt holes for approximately 4" of vertical adjustment to the trailer. I pull mine with a F-250 and there is plenty of rail clearance. Are you maxed out on vertical adjustment or is there no adjustment on yours?

flyingjack
02-18-2019, 09:35 AM
My B&W has one pin hole in ball and same in box attached under pickup bed to frame. No adjustments.
Thanks

friz
02-18-2019, 11:46 AM
My B&W has one pin hole in ball and same in box attached under pickup bed to frame. No adjustments.
Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. I was not speaking about the ball in your pickup bed. I was referring to the pin box which bolts (at least on mine) to the trailer frame. The gooseneck hitch adapter bolts to underside of the pin box. Possibly your pinbox is welded to the trailer frame and has no adjustment?

JonnyRidinDirty
05-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Subbed. Trying to figure out the same thing here

flyingjack
07-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Haven't been on site for a while. My solution: B&W Companion and MorRyde pin box. Haven't pulled yet so don't know how it works. EZ lift for gooseneck is for sale cheap-make offer. Located in CO.
Jack