PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

critter 02
04-16-2006, 04:48 PM
My husband and I are going full timing next year. We are doing all our rv research and have narrowed it down to either a heartland or doubletree. We are trying to decide if we should get a washer/dryer and if so which kind. Also do they have dishwashers and if so do they work. Would love the ladies input on this or the men( do not want to be sexist) if they do these duties. It is just the two of us so I am not sure if these items warrant the cost and would love input.
thanks,
Brenda

Motor31
04-16-2006, 05:18 PM
It depends on the size of the rig you are planning to buy.

For the money I think the stackable washer and drier that Mobile Suites puts in their rigs is the way to go. They are small dimensioned and fit in a single closet / cabinet. They hold a full size load. Not a "super sized" load but a full sized load and the drier is rather efficient for 110 volts. It has saved up over $60.00 a month in laundromat costs and up to over $80.00 at times. Forget about it while boondocking as it uses way too much water and electricity.

The dishwashers are a joke, they are too small for full size dishes. Really when it comes down to it we use disposable dishes to cut down on dishwashing. We still use regular silverwear but not dishes. The space the dishwasher would take up is far better used as cabinet storage.

If you are getting a smaller unit, forgo the appliances and use the space for storage as you'll need it.

CampingCaptain
04-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Brenda,

I see you found your way over to the forum. I'm known as fulltimesoontobe over at RV.NET. You'll find all of the answers to your questions about Mobile Suites over here. Just post them in the Doubletree/Mobile Suites section.