PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Monitors

chismtrail_er
04-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I recently saw some tire pressure monitor caps on a friends motor home, and he said they were great for speeding up the frequent checks he performs. His were from TireWise, but I found and ordered a set of Tire Pressure Monitor caps from the following link from what appears to be exactly the same type he had. I actually ordered a set for the RV, TV and Trail-Aire Pin Hitch. Very reasonably priced.

http://www.accu-pressure.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.cgi?pid=3

Hope this helps others.

Stripit
04-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Interesting to see, but what pressure are you going to buy, as the trailer will take one pressure, probably 110spi. but what about the truck? I'm sure you have a pressure for loaded with trailer, and unloaded. Just weighed a motorhome with Pressure pro system. As I check each trie pressure before weighing, I had to remove his caps. After I checked he turned on his control unit and read off the pressures it showed. All were within 1 psi to my gage. I was impressed.

chismtrail_er
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I bought 4 at 110 psi, 6 at 70 psi and 1 at 45 psi.

This way I can tell at a glance if there are any low pressures.

Stripit
04-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Ok, sounds good, but what is the 45 psi for??? Not the spare on the trailer, but maybe the spare on the truck?

chismtrail_er
04-14-2006, 07:26 PM
The 45 psi is for the trail-aire pin hitch. If my pressure goes below that, I have a devil of a time un-htching.

Stripit
04-14-2006, 09:35 PM
looks like you got it all covered, safe travels

chismtrail_er
04-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Stripit, you coming to the Rally? I would be interested in getting my rig weighed. Maybe others would too.......there are 52 registered attendees, and Bonnie says they now have 20 more sites reserved.