PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suite 36RSSB3

Walt
04-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Getting ready to order Mobile Suite 36RSSB3. I'm trying to get the exact measurement of the length and height of the trailer. The book says 37' 2" but that is from the center of the pin to the rear bumper. I'm looking for the measurement from the front cap to the 2" hitch or bumper. The exact length is important as I have limited space where I store the trailer. I'm also considering adding the 2" riser and need an exact height measurement with 2 AC's and satellite dish. I currently have a Mobile Suite 2010 32RS3 that rides a little nose high.
Thank you for any information you can provide.
Walt

Cummins12V98
04-21-2018, 10:51 AM
I highly advise the 2" riser as ALL of the newer trucks will require this. My 2016 DRV with 3" risers is 13'5" at the highest point.

wingnut60
04-21-2018, 01:15 PM
FWIW, my former '05 36TK3 actually measured 37-11....
Current 38RSSA measures 39-6

Mtntrek
04-22-2018, 12:30 AM
x2 on the riser addition, and the 13'5" OAH.

clev
04-25-2018, 08:03 PM
I haven't measured the actual length, but I park in a 60' garage, and hooked up to my LWB, SRW truck, I can barely close the door and still have a few inches at the back. I have measured the height as my garage has a 14' opening/door. When the door is fully raised, it's about 13'6" and I have to let the air out of the air bags to clear. The highest point on the trailer is ~13'3" when it's level, but on the truck it rides a little high; that's why I have to deflate the bags.

sunbirds
04-29-2018, 07:15 PM
new to the forum new to mobile suite just ordered a 2019 36rssb3 toured the plant last year and was very impressed . after having several 5 ers hope this is the one that lasts . gotta wait 10-14 weeks for it to be built . walt if your thinking of ordering keep that in mind also I ordered because of a 2,000 dollar increase may 1 ,

Walt
04-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Sunbirds, Thank you for the heads up about the price increase. My dealer told me about the $2,000 price increase so I ordered it last week. I won't be taking delivery until middle of August. It takes about 3 months to build and ship. I've ordered the 2019 36 RS3 which is a split bathroom and a special build. We like to be able to use the bathroom without putting the slide out. I'm trading in my 2010 MS 32RS3.

Hunter157
05-01-2018, 06:38 PM
I measured ours when we first got it and it was right at 40' total length.

Walt
05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
I finally heard back from the factory. They said 38' 7" and add 7" for ladder. so that adds up to 39' 2". Thank you everyone for the help. Order is in, so now all I have to do is wait.

sunbirds
05-07-2018, 12:33 PM
well all we have to do is wait Walt mine was ordered in Michigan close to the plant so I'm hoping a short turnaround delivery also hi volume dealer we will see. Keep me posted on updates if you don't mind .

Walt
05-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Hello Sunbird, We are going on a long trip with the old trailer and won't be back until the middle of August. It should be at the dealers when we get back.

sunbirds
05-07-2018, 07:41 PM
happy and safe travels

kannon
05-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Correct my 2018 36rssb3 is 39 ft. 2" cap to ladder.

Walt
05-30-2018, 08:41 PM
kannon, Thank you! That confirms what the factory told me. Mine goes into production on June 15th. Walt

sunbirds
05-31-2018, 05:25 PM
production june 15 walt is that still on tap for august pickup just wondering I ordered mine when you ordered yours i've herd nothing

Walt
05-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Sunbird, Yes, August pickup is still good as far as I know. The West Region Sales Rep gave me the production date and said that 3rd week of August is still good. It may be in sooner but we won't be back from our Oregon trip until the end of the 2nd week of August. The dealer knows our plans and said the 3rd week should work out. Only problem is we have to drive to HOT HOT Lake Havasu City, AZ where it will probably be 110 or more degrees! Do you know who your Factory Rep is? He/she can find out for you. I placed my order with the factory rep who happened to be at the dealers place. He knew what could or couldn't be done at DRV. We made all kinds of changes to the trailer, just like Rolling Retreats does. I even had to sign off on the floor plan changes since we wanted the split bathroom. Walt

Walt
05-31-2018, 06:59 PM
Sunbird, If you want to see what your new 2018 DRV 36RSSB3 is going to look like go to YOUTUBE.COM and put in 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3. One is with the Hazelnut and the other is with the Mocha Cherry interior.

sunbirds
05-31-2018, 08:47 PM
walt I actually seen a 2019 36rssb3 at the tampa show in march just like we wanted interior but partial paint was wrong color and had a generator . I also wanted frosted glass on shower slide toppers and dinette awning . so I had to order it my rep is Dwayne Kazmierczak and he is telling me late august early September . picking mine up in Michigan no dealers in western new York my rv the rep says my unit has to go thru engineering as well before production with all the add ons the wife and I did . john

Walt
05-31-2018, 09:38 PM
John, Mine had to go through engineering also. All the add-on's must have added more engineering time to yours than mine did. O'well we just have to be patient! And I'm not! The 2019 changes look nice. Walt

hdrider
05-31-2018, 11:08 PM
I would be curious to what type of changes you have been able to make that it would take going through engineering. When we toured the plant every time I asked if we could have something done we were told no. We were told no enough times that we are now looking at going with New Horizons so we can get what we want.
Maybe DRV can actually do enough of what we want that we could still go with them and save a little money.

Walt
06-01-2018, 11:23 AM
hdrider, In my case I was at the Western Regional Rally in Lake Havasu City, AZ in April. The Regional Sales Rep was there as well as the General Manager from DRV. They both told us that they would NOT produce a 36RSSB3 with a split bathroom. So we decided to place an order for a 36RSSB3 and NOT get the split bathroom. One day later DRV changed their mind and we ended up getting the split bathroom. We had to pay extra but we got what we wanted. We deleted the dishwasher, and added shelves to that space and added shelves to the W/D closet. We added a small window to the bedroom slide on the left side facing the headboard. Have to pay for that addition also. They'll work with you but you have to pay extra for the engineering changes and supplies. If you can get in touch with your Region Sales Rep through the dealer, that helps. Another choice is to contact Alecia at Rolling Retreats, she does lots of modifications and knows what can or can't be done. Walt

sunbirds
06-01-2018, 02:36 PM
hdrider we were told no at the factory as well and was a little disappointed almost discouraged . like walt we talked to the sales rep and also the gm from drv and he said is that what its going to take for a order . my reply was its a start I don't mind paying for what I want and low and behold my wish was there command .It just cost time and money for me and walt both bottom line we got what we wanted . my thought is don't take no for a answer hdrider

hdrider
06-02-2018, 07:37 AM
OK, thanks for those comments, we will take a harder look at them then. WE certainly don't mind paying for what we want which is why when we were told no at the factory we switched gears and started looking at New Horizon 5th wheels, you certainly pay for what you want with them but as you sad, you get what you want.

Cummins12V98
06-02-2018, 08:52 AM
That's one thing now that we have it we would NEVER be without is the DishWasher!!!

hdrider
06-02-2018, 09:17 AM
That's one thing now that we have it we would NEVER be without is the DishWasher!!!

Yup, We have a dishwasher in our current motorhome and sure like it. IT will be a must in our next rig as well.

Walt
06-02-2018, 10:40 AM
We thought long and hard about the Dishwasher and decided we would rather have draws instead of the Dishwasher. DRV is adding draws to the dishwasher space. We have a dishwasher at home and rarely use it. By the time you wash the pots and pans you can wash a few dishes. Weird as it might sound, neither one of us minds doing dishes!!!

hdrider
06-02-2018, 10:54 AM
We thought long and hard about the Dishwasher and decided we would rather have draws instead of the Dishwasher. DRV is adding draws to the dishwasher space. We have a dishwasher at home and rarely use it. By the time you wash the pots and pans you can wash a few dishes. Weird as it might sound, neither one of us minds doing dishes!!!

No wrong or right in this life style. For us we carry enough dishes for 3 days of eating and all of those fit in the dishwasher so no need to hand wash each day or have dishes sitting out which drives me bonkers. And the washer uses 2 gallons per load which make my wife happy.

Notanlines
06-02-2018, 12:03 PM
We had a dishwasher in our last two 5v'ers, even had a full sized portable in the garage of the Raptor. We simply wouldn't be without it!

Cummins12V98
06-02-2018, 05:07 PM
I R&R the dishes every morning while my coffee is brewing. I wash even the largest pots and pans. Very impressed with the capacity. IMHO we have plenty of cabinet space and have been full timing in this DRV for 3 years.

Have them add a shelf under the sink. That will add more storage space.

Walt
06-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Cummins, Thank you for your experience with the dishwasher. We did have DRV add a mid shelf under the sink. After we get the new trailer I'm going to add shelves to the entertainment center cabinets. I don't like the way DRV stacks the components one on top of the other. IMHO they should be separated for air circulation and looks. I added shelves to my present 32RS3 entertainment center cabinets and it looks much nicer. Walt

Cummins12V98
06-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Walt you may want to add a cooling T-stat and axial fan. Pulls air thru gaps around doors of center cabinet and pushes air out of the left cabinet.

https://i.imgur.com/7D6bykkl.jpg

Walt
06-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Cummins, Thank you for the picture and idea. I take it you had to cut a hole through the divider wall? What kind of T-stat is that? I thought about putting some kind of fan in the cabinet as my Dish Network DVR puts out a lot of heat. In fact when I've forgotten to turn on the AC in very hot weather, and leave the RV for the day, the DVR shuts down. I'm getting anxious to get the new trailer so I can start doing some of these things. If it's not too much trouble could you take some pictures of the entertainment center cabinets with the doors opened up. I'm curious to see how DRV is stacking the components. Do you have a satellite receiver in the left cabinet? Thank you and have a nice day! Walt

sunbirds
06-03-2018, 06:48 PM
lots of things for me to take in as well I use the dish dvr also I just usually put it on top of the cabinet because of that heat very good idea commins . like you walt cant wait . we got the dishwasher and we have a all in one vented washer dryer so we will be putting shelves over the top like we have now . from what ive read I may have to research the brake system when I get my new truck 2019 f 350 drw people are saying the problem is fixed and it is compatible but I will be watching the post on elec over hyd brakes here to get pointers as well as all the good ideas on changes like commins

Cummins12V98
06-04-2018, 09:54 AM
I separated the Hopper from the other pcs with wood spacers added velcro for removal.

King Electric K101-C Bi-Metal Cooling Thermostat, Line Voltage, 1-Pole, 120-277V, 22 Amp
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
$39.73

Dayton 4WT47 Fan, 105 CFM, 115 V
Sold by: Happy Haus
$26.50

Dayton 3RP14 Cordset, Axial Fan, 72in
Sold by: Quality Tool Warehouse
$19.70

AC Axial Wire Fan Guards for Dayton Axial Fan Model 4YD87
Sold by: Quality Tool Warehouse
$9.00

https://i.imgur.com/D2Rdk54l.jpg

Walt
06-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Cummins, Thank you so much for the information and picture. Can't wait to get started!! Walt

sunbirds
06-04-2018, 02:56 PM
ok that makes perfect sense with the spacers will do when I get it thanks .

Walt
06-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Cummins, Sorry to bother you with more questions. Is there enough space in the left entertainment cabinet to fit the Dish Network DVR? Which cabinet does the satellite cables come in. I had DRV add an extra HDMI cable, to my new trailer, from the TV to the entertainment center cabinet, don't know which cabinet they'll pick, so I can hook the TV directly to the Dish receiver. I did this in my present trailer to bypass the switch box they used to use. Thank you, Walt

Cummins12V98
06-05-2018, 10:34 AM
No not enough room is left of center cabinet for Dish receiver. Personally like all the components in one location. Good call on the HDMI, I had to fish one in for my Dish setup.My cables come into bottom back center cabinet then into left cabinet to distribution points. I fished my HDMI down thru the left cabinet to the TV.

Walt
06-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Cummins, Thank you for the information! Have a great day! Walt

Cummins12V98
06-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Happy to help!

Walt
08-07-2018, 08:37 PM
sunbirds, Our new trailer is at the dealer's. Came in August 6th. Right on time!!

sunbirds
08-07-2018, 09:48 PM
sweet Walt I called my dealer last week and still waiting for a call back last info it was built july 19 went for paint and is getting toppers and awnings put on . post some pics when ya get it and ill let ya know when I here something

sunbirds
08-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Walt picking up my new trailer sept 28 looks good with all the changes square shower with frosted glass extra windows they liked the bathroom change and may do a production change I should have got a patent lol ill send some pics bathroom looks like a 39rssa only reversed

Cummins12V98
08-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Do NOT leave or fully pay until you are 100% satisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walt
08-23-2018, 06:26 PM
sunbirds, Got mine on Monday. Really nice! Minor issues but dealer fixed them all. Walt

sunbirds
08-23-2018, 08:37 PM
what should I look for walt and cummins12v98 give me some direction don't want to miss a thing 9 hour drive for me to dealer

Walt
08-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Test all the draws and cabinet locks. Fire place lock. Mine is NOT locking. I put a strap to hold it until I get home for better fix. Learn all about the level-up system.

Stripit
08-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Make sure you look and get on the roof, inspect for any issues you can see. Screws under the rubber roof type thing, poor sealing at any seams. Get on your knees and inspect under for anything loose, damaged, bent or missing. Every single item that should work needs to be tested. Take a wall plug tester and test every outlet. Plug the truck in and check running lights and brakes, before you leave for a return trip.

porthole
08-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Test all the draws and cabinet locks. Fire place lock. Mine is NOT locking. I put a strap to hold it until I get home for better fix. Learn all about the level-up system.

Yeah - that fireplace thing :(

And when you head up to the dealer, bring a pool noodle with you, and have velcro straps for once you start loading the cabinets.

Pool noodle, cut a bunch of 6" pieces and put over all the handles between the island and off door slide. That should save you from dents in the freezer drawer and dishwasher.
Our garbage can slide had no catch or self closing glides (it does now)
The dish washer drawer only locks when running, gravity holds it closed when not in use. we have dents from two of the drawers.

Velcro straps for the double cabinet doors. On one of our trips just about every cabinet on the fridge slide opened. Damage and mess.

I also use foam pipe insulation pieces on the bottom door shelfs of the fridge. This keeps the crisper drawer from rubbing against the door when traveling.

On the door slide, open all the overhead cabinets, try not to look surprised when you see a 10' running length of cabinets with no dividers. And while you are looking, leave all those doors up, see how long they will stay open, if they will.

Look under the slides to make sure the weather strip is actually sealing against the bottom of the slide. My entire fridge slide is not sealed with the W/S.

The dark picture - those are not LED's under the slide, that is daylight during sunrise, disappears as the sun rises.

Cummins12V98
08-24-2018, 11:12 AM
what should I look for walt and cummins12v98 give me some direction don't want to miss a thing 9 hour drive for me to dealer

Blue tape every wood putty mark they did not wipe down and the ones that have no putty.

Look to see all doors are adjusted properly.

Look the floor over, I guarantee there are several scratches!

Get on your hands and knees turn out the lights and look under the kitchen/entertainment slide. Most likely there will be daylight streaming thru.

Have them check the plumbing connections, my toilet supply was cross threaded and blew water everywhere. Many of my lines and drains were loose.

Look the paint over, mine had many bad spots and a lot of overspray on roof.

Have them bleed the brake lines and fill to proper level. I guarantee there is air in the lines.

Make sure every single thing works and they have made it clear how they work.

They were VERY lacking with the Decor caulking around the vents and skylight!

Stay in it at the Dealer if possible, if not stay local for a week or two. Hold 10% until the list is COMPLETE!

sunbirds
08-25-2018, 08:45 PM
thanks everyone I had no idea on this much checking is the quality assurance that bad in Howe ! I will be taking notes to take with me lol quick question walt did you have yours weighed yet just curious

Walt
08-26-2018, 10:23 AM
sunbirds, No I didn't have it weighed yet. After getting home and reading all these things to check I got under both slides. To my surprise the brackets that hold up the slides on the ends, all the bolts were NOT re-tightened after they adjusted the slides. Some were just about ready to fall out and others were finger tight. The adjustment bolt was the only thing that kept the slide from dropping. It was the same for all 4 brackets. I called the factory rep and am sending him a full report which he is going to pass on to DRV. Also told him about the fireplace issue and the draw slides. DRV knows about the fireplace issue but so far NO solution. I know there are solutions to the fireplace not locking but I haven't looked up the threat yet. Walt

wingnut60
08-26-2018, 05:33 PM
As you get used to the new unit, you will find the soft-closing drawer slides will fail--found much better ones from Rockler Woodworking stores. Since replacing the failed ones, one at a time, no more open drawer when traveling--but still use the handle covers. Made them out of 1" vinyl hose cut into 2" sections and sliced lengthways.
Currently at Morryde factory for service--2 new unpainted THs sitting in lot.

sunbirds
08-26-2018, 07:49 PM
ok walt I know are units are pretty much the same and ordered about the same time so keep me posted and ill do the same as things happen

Walt
08-26-2018, 08:05 PM
wingnut60, I plan to replace the sliders just like you did. I've bought them from Rockler before. Walt

wingnut60
08-27-2018, 04:53 AM
Walt,
It might have been you that mentioned Rockler earlier on a thread about the drawer slides--I didn't come up with them on my own.
Thanks,
Joe

Walt
08-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Joe,
It wasn't me but Rockler seems to sell better quality draw slides than Home Depot and Lowes.
Have a nice day!
Walt

wingnut60
08-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Tried both the HD/Lowes products--failed almost immediately.
My problem is the weight in most drawers since we are FT and I may have a dutch oven hiding somewhere in there...

sunbirds
09-05-2018, 06:57 AM
well sure enough both slide nuts were only finger tight . had them bleed the air out of the brakes . adjusted the outside entertainment door clean silicone off the side clean spilled sealant off the roof , fix a leak on the water filter . adjust the front door jam . when plugged in the rear brake lights stayed on . and they forgot to put my dryer vent in so they did it there .. all just miner but I looked it over good . the slides were all sealed good looked under and no light had the wife out with a flashlight and nothing showed thru . thanks everyone for the punch list bathroom turned out good adding the square shower like the 39 rssb to our 36 rssb

Walt
09-05-2018, 06:12 PM
sunbirds, If your draws are not closing with the soft closure feature I can tell you how to fix them. I had to fix 5 of them in the vanity. Dealer ordered new sliders but that is not going to fix them. They need to be squared up both up and down and sideways. Once I squared them up they now work. My spare tire was not cranked up all the way. Walt

wingnut60
09-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Walt,
You are right on about the 'square-up'--even the Rocklers will not operate correctly until the slides are level and even left-to-right. Amazing to look behind the drawers and see what DRV thinks is proper support for the weight of 3 drawer assemblies...

Walt
09-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Joe,
I couldn't believe how far off some of them were. I was all set to buy some new ones from Rockler but now all it was, was alignment. One of the draws in the bathroom vanity, the back of the sliders was held together with a rubber band.
Walt

wingnut60
09-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Too bad about the rubber bands--guess they bought a bunch of Chinese rubbers....don't know why they wouldn't do the job.

sunbirds
09-06-2018, 08:18 PM
ill check the spare tire when we get back tomorrow we have a small toy hauler we take for short trips and don't have every thing moved in yet in the drv let me know how to adjust the slides on the drawers ill check them out tomorrow also

wingnut60
09-06-2018, 09:30 PM
For the drawers--remove them, probably best to get all in the same stack out at same time--get a small mag level and set on the slides to check level. Then measure width of slides using same point at front and rear. It will be the rear that is off-square--you are stuck with the front width. Sometimes, tho, a washer for a spacer may be needed at the front end one side to get the width right--hopefully, they didn't mess that part up.
At least this is how I approached it.
Joe

Walt
09-06-2018, 11:19 PM
I used an adjustable carpenters square. With draws removed, squared off with the face of the cabinet. 90 degrees from the sliders to the face of the cabinet, both up and down and sideways. Joe's procedure will work if the trailer is level. Some of mine were so far off, no wonder they didn't soft close. They have to be perfect or the soft close feature won't work.

sunbirds
09-07-2018, 09:41 PM
all my drawers are working good . my spare tire was a little lose cranked it up tight . this is crazy for what we pay for these things . thanks again guys !

sunbirds
09-20-2018, 09:12 AM
walt or someone Im in the mist of hooking up my tailgater from previous post I will have to bring a DMHI cable from the tv to the receiver is there a way to view the same channel on other tv's via outside and bedroom .

Walt
09-20-2018, 11:05 AM
sunbirds, The only way to view the bedroom and basement tv on satellite is to have a second satellite receiver in the bedroom cabinet. DRV has changed the way the bedroom and basement TV is wired up. I had DRV run an HDMI cable from the TV to the entertainment center. You might be able to fish one through the wall. I had a second satellite receiver so it worked out just fine. Behind the bedroom TV are the connections to the portable dish and roof dish hookups. There is also a connection there for the basement TV hooked up to the satellite receiver. Walt

sunbirds
09-20-2018, 01:29 PM
ok I kinda figured something was done wiring wise with the bedroom and outside because I don't see the same connections . I hooked my tailgater on satellite 2 on the outside orange cable outside antenna in cabinet laid receiver on the tv counter hook a DMHI cable to the tv for now its working I want to fish the wire up to the cabinet but have to figure out how to remove the tv from the bracket . thanks for the comeback

sunbirds
10-03-2018, 09:51 PM
latest think to happen just got my new truck f350 drw and had trailer disconnect and bulb fail . had to buy a adapter 7 way plug for the led lighting . my 2015 towed just fine . also going to have some blocks 11" for the front jacks to keep the travel distance down anyone know if Lippert fixed the jack fail on the 2019 s

Walt
10-03-2018, 10:36 PM
sunbirds, I was mistaken. The basement tv connector is connected to the antenna. You can go to the entertainment center and behind the Sony receiver there is a gray wire connected to a splitter, that is the basement tv wire. I disconnected this gray wire from the splitter and connected it to the satellite receiver in the entertainment cabinet. Now I have satellite in the basement.

Cummins12V98
10-04-2018, 06:05 AM
"anyone know if Lippert fixed the jack fail on the 2019 s"

They have been "FIXED" since 2017 model year.

porthole
10-05-2018, 08:09 AM
"anyone know if Lippert fixed the jack fail on the 2019 s"

They have been "FIXED" since 2017 model year.

Different problems now ......

Cummins12V98
10-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Different problems now ......

No kidding! Why does that NOT surprise me???

clev
10-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Does "since 2017 model year" include early 2017's?

Walt
10-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Knock on wood my 2019, with the new controller, is working as it should except for hooking back up. It sets the trailer height a little high. Other than that I like the level-up much better than the 2010 version I had before. Push the button and stand back!!!

porthole
10-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Knock on wood my 2019, with the new controller, is working as it should except for hooking back up. It sets the trailer height a little high. Other than that I like the level-up much better than the 2010 version I had before. Push the button and stand back!!!

I have found that the 'auto hitch' on either the old or new style does lift about an inch higher then my unhook height.

sunbirds
10-13-2018, 02:31 PM
that is what mine is doing lifts the coach up exactly 1" measured the pin when I dropped it and again when it stopped to hitch wonder if that is programed in for plate clearance

sunbirds
10-13-2018, 02:40 PM
dog group on face book have some very active input on drv problems a very good resource for many issues been going there a lot

sunbirds
10-28-2018, 10:14 PM
walt this is the change I made to go thru engineering

sunbirds
10-28-2018, 10:16 PM
square shower frosted glass instead of the corner shower turned out well

sunbirds
10-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Walt had my unit weighed

sunbirds
10-29-2018, 07:40 PM
wondering how close we are

Walt
10-29-2018, 10:12 PM
wondering how close we are

I haven't weighed mine yet.

sunbirds
11-12-2018, 06:37 PM
ok after weight of just truck and rear axel camper weighs 18,900 with a 4,040 pin weight truck alone full tank loaded for trip 9,540 rear axel 4,500 combo on cat scale sheet above 2019 f-350 crew cab long bed