PDA

View Full Version : 2013 ms questions

sockeye
03-05-2018, 05:35 PM
looking to buy a 2013 ms from original owner. this was towed from the dealer to his property and thats it.i know about slide issue but sounds like slides were put out and not moved since. just wondering what else i should be looking at. it's a 36 rssb3 thanks for any help

Notanlines
03-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Sockeye, you give us little or no information we may use to give an opinion. This RV is almost 6 years old, probably has original rubber, we have no idea about the climate in which it was stored/occupied. For all we know you may be towing this with a 2004 2500 V-8 Chevy. This was a very nice rig when new. Properly cared for it is a great RV. Give us a little to work with. And, by the way, welcome to the forum from south Florida.

sockeye
03-05-2018, 06:06 PM
towing with a 2018 ram dually western oregon,not on the coast though yes i'm sure the rubber is original thanks

Notanlines
03-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Got it! Good TV. Rubber needs to go immediately, regardless of the brand. Your replacement tires can be researched on this site or a number of others. We prefer Goodyear, but a few others will do the job also. If this rascal has been sitting on the same spot for that long there will be quite a list of items to check, and others on this site more knowledgeable than me will also chime in and advise. Brake pads and wheel bearing service will be on that list. As will a good scrubbing of the roof to examine for the condition. We'd be more than interested of a recent photo of this beast. When it is all inspected, rejected, infected, and detected you'll have a very, very nice rig!

anijet
03-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Was it lived in? If so that would lead to one set of questions. If parked and forgot that would be completely different questions.

wingnut60
03-06-2018, 08:27 AM
FWIW, we bought an '05 MS in '07--had only been towed from DT to Lubbock to site. Lived in for 2 years, by a bachelor. Kept it for 10 years, it did us just fine, no problems.
After inspecting it closely, working all the slides--use your gut feelings about buying it.
What is the 'slide issue' you know about?
Joe

sockeye
03-06-2018, 08:57 AM
the schwintek slides in the 12 and 13 years have been known to have problems.

missourijan
03-06-2018, 02:41 PM
These Schwintek channel slide systems can be very pricey to fix. If it has not been repaired by some dealer or the factory or someone who really knows Drv's I would run the other way. We have a 2012 and ours was $2300 to fix. It's been almost 3 years and no issues since.

Dapperdan
03-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Missourijan, I'm glad to hear you have success with your repair. A couple of friends of mine just bought new fifth wheels, one a KZ Gold, the other a Jayco Pinnacle and both have the Schwintec systems. I cautioned the one, the other "pulled the trigger" before I knew he had about the slide system. I'm hoping both guys are satisfied with their purchases and those slides DO NOT give them grief!

Dan