PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suites Aire?

Ultratravler
02-05-2018, 04:23 PM
We are looking at a new 17 MSA40. Any thoughts good or bad? Thanks.

Dave

Cummins12V98
02-05-2018, 04:38 PM
I have no idea. But I will highly advise setting down with Alicia at rolling Retreats and order the exact RV you want.

Notanlines
02-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Ultra, we could probably use a little more info on the RV like price.....

Ultratravler
02-05-2018, 07:06 PM
I am looking more for opinions on quality, good or bad points, than price. Trying to find someone that actually has one, or knows someone that does. Thanks.

Dave

wingnut60
02-06-2018, 08:29 AM
DRV has produced several models that are of lower cost than the Suites lineup--Select Suites/Tradition and now Aire. To me, it is their attempt to compete with the Montana-level lines. It should also be lighter than a comparable Suites.
I have no personal info/experience with the new line. I would expect it to be a DRV quality product with less-costly options and lighter framing. It will probably be missing the 17.5" tires/Morryde IS running gear as standard equipment.
Have noticed several ads that lean on the Suites name with the Aire pricing as an attraction.

Ultratravler
02-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all the reply's. I can't believe there isn't at least one person on here that owns one. Thanks again.

Dave

Dapperdan
02-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Hang in there Ultra, there's got to be people with what you're looking for. I know last summer we were at Twin lakes RV Repair in LaGrange and next to us was a very nice couple with an Aire, might hav been a Tradition (can't remember now) but it was either a 2016 or a 2017. He was experiencing the SAME symptoms with his front jacks as we were. Got him on board with Josh @ Lippert.

Dan

Stripit
02-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Thanks for all the reply's. I can't believe there isn't at least one person on here that owns one. Thanks again.

Dave

Strange as it might seem, there are a LOT of folks that just don't reply to these forums. They might read them, but are reluctant to post. Don't give up yet, someone might reply that owns one.

wingnut60
02-07-2018, 12:00 AM
They are pretty new on the market--may not be many new owners yet. Lots of them on RVTrader.com to look at and price.
Should be able to work at about 25-30% off list.

missourijan
02-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Have you posted this on the Suites owners site on Facebook? It's busier than this site.

porthole
02-07-2018, 12:55 PM
One key thing I noticed between the Suites and the Aire at Hershey is that the Aire does not have recessed slides.

But, one the Aire does have that MS or ES does not have, is a rectangular sink in the bathroom.
Having seen those sinks I would prefer that feature in our ordered MS.

Galley and half bath sinks are rectangular sinks, full bath is an oval. Just my opinion, but the oval sinks look dated.

wingnut60
02-08-2018, 12:11 AM
A big difference is in the frames--I don't think the Aire has the 15" boxed frame segments--12"?. And there is the dropped subframe in the front 1/3 that mimics other mid-line models.
Have not been inside one to comment on the interior setup/furnishings/finish.

Cummins12V98
02-08-2018, 10:34 AM
I would compare to the Montana, I am betting you will get much more for your $$$ with the Montana.

Notanlines
02-08-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm kinda siding with Cummins on this subject. The Montana is a lot of RV for the money and can be had for a very good price.

porkchop
02-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Grand Design Solitude would be a better choice for the $$

Bill

Cummins12V98
02-08-2018, 06:46 PM
I'm kinda siding with Cummins on this subject. The Montana is a lot of RV for the money and can be had for a very good price.

I really think the quality will be very similar. Don't hear near as many complaints about Montana's as a few years ago.

Not sure why DRV even tries to compete in this arena.

Ultratravler
02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
We looked at both Grand Design and Montana, wife didn't care for either one and you know what they say about Momma. I guess that's why there are so many different brands and floor plans.

Dave

wingnut60
02-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Sometimes I wonder about important issues--wonder if they would sell as many Montanas if they had named it the "Rhode Island" or the "New Jersey"? Seems as tho the marketing dept hit a home run on that name...

Ron,
I'll bet mgmt of DRV sees the number of Montanas being sold and said to themselves: "Selves, we got to get some of that market..." They were trying this even before Thor bought them--bet the Aire goes the same way of the Select and Tradition lines--people who are looking will see way more value in the Montanas.

Cummins12V98
02-10-2018, 08:26 AM
We looked at both Grand Design and Montana, wife didn't care for either one and you know what they say about Momma. I guess that's why there are so many different brands and floor plans.

Dave

For my money I would look for a newer used MobileSuites that will be worth more money in 5 years than the Light weight DRV.