PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Valve Leak???

golf_bears
01-10-2018, 09:10 AM
When connected to city water hookup the Anderson water valve in my 2017 MS is leaking and filling the fresh water tank. It's filling at about 3 gallons per hour. I let it fill then turn off the city water and turn on the pump until the tank is empty. So not an emergency but needs to be fixed.

I have a new valve on the way from DRV.

Has anyone out there replaced their Anderson valve before? Any tricks or concerns I should be aware of before replacing the valve myself?

wingnut60
01-10-2018, 12:59 PM
No help here, but waiting to hear how it goes for you--will have to do mine soon also. Seems I have seen mentioned there is an all brass unit instead of the plastic one?

By the way--the name of the valve is Anderson "Kantleak" --how is this happening? Maybe Anderson has a deal with Lippert Nev-R-Lube bearings, Nev-R-Adjust Brakes, and Nev-R-Fail Bushings?????

ddubya
12-31-2018, 01:57 PM
You can replace the valve cartridge to fix the problem. Here is the link to a company that sells it.

http://www.fitzilla.com/Store/page188.html

stanleyz
01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Hi. howgozeit. I just saw this and I have a similar problem. But, as you may recall my 05 has no valve that looks like that. My guess is that the city water is pushing through the water pump, filling the fresh water tank and eventually leaking at the point of least resistance. This happened two years ago and I replaced the water pump. It is happening again. There is a shut off between the pump and the fresh water tank that I can close and stop the flow back to the fresh waater tank but then if I want to use the pump I have to go below and open the shut off. Is there a one way valve somewhere? What am I missing?

golf_bears
01-28-2020, 03:29 PM
Yes, you can put a check valve between the pump and the fresh water line from the fresh water tank.