PDA

View Full Version : Grey water tank(s)

Notanlines
12-28-2017, 01:18 PM
We have a new '17 38rssa. We have had a number of 5ver's, but I don't understand this. When I open the water service door I have one black water pull T and one grey water pull T. The black water empties fine and reads 0-6 or so every time I drain the tank. The grey valve pulls fine, I can see the water emptying through the clear extension, but the gauge only will go to 46. I'm not sure if this is a faulty gauge or if I seem to be missing a grey water valve somewhere. All our other RV's had one black water tank and two grey water tanks with a separate handle for each. Any help would be appreciated.

porkchop
12-28-2017, 06:43 PM
I have never seen or heard of a DRV that has 2 grey tanks. Don't mean non exist, but I've had 6 units now and all had 1 tank. I would guess bad sensor. Good luck.

Bill

Notanlines
12-29-2017, 04:34 AM
Thanks, Bill. I appreciate the response. I've run the grey rinse three separate times and have gotten no change in the reading. I guess when I leave it at the dealership I'll let them check into it.

Mtntrek
12-29-2017, 04:31 PM
I'd confirm there only being 1 ea. grey.
Although the SeaLevel gauges are an major improvement over the older style(s) w/probes. They are still not 100%. Garnets site does contain a manual with a troubleshooting guide. The external stick-on sensors "can" become loose & ineffective etc. I was not able to get the page to load currently. Attd. copy, you may gain some additional knowledge.

We've tended to notice that when we stay extended times in areas with very hard water the sensors give up some accuracy? Currently our Blk gauge has a sluggish delay, but we're connected to some very very hard water.

Best of luck.

Cummins12V98
12-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Have a 16 DRV, gauges are still SH!T.

wingnut60
12-29-2017, 07:18 PM
'15 RSSA--only one grey tank. Gauges fairly accurate--so far.....

MnP
12-30-2017, 07:47 PM
2014 RSSB3 and the gauges are totally useless.....

rouxguy
01-03-2018, 12:05 PM
2015 RSSB3, mine work fine. Tanks have always been empty when towing, may or may not have anything to do with it.

Dapperdan
01-04-2018, 05:59 PM
'15 RSSA here, one grey tank and NO problems with our gauges. We have had on a couple occasions had a false reading with the black tank but with a good rinsing the next time around we're back to "0"! :mrgreen:

Dan

clev
01-13-2018, 10:58 AM
My gauges were not accurate either, and after a lot of troubleshooting could not figure out the problem. A call to the manufacturer gave me advice on wiring. The ground wire on all 3 gauges needed to run directly to the battery, not to a common ground. I ran a separate grounding wire from behind the sliding door directly to the ground side of the first battery, and also regrounded the wiring directly behind the gauge panel. I've only had the opportunity to check them once, but they appear to be working accurately. I really don't know why this matters, but it does appear to make a difference.

Cummins12V98
01-14-2018, 01:05 PM
I was told anything metal near the sensors would effect accuracy. Good to know on the ground, thanks!