PDA

View Full Version : Arizona destinations

joleyred
12-25-2017, 11:02 AM
We are interested in any input from travelers that can recommend parks in southern Arizona. Tombstone, Bisbee, or on over to Tuscon. Our trailer is in Albuquerque at a storage facility, and we are leaving Michigan sometime next month and need a destination. We traditionally travel northern Arizona, but need to head to lower elevations this time of the year. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks, Tim

Walt
12-25-2017, 11:40 AM
We stay in Yuma for 4 months. It's the warmest place in AZ most of the time in the winter months. There are many RV parks to choose from. There is a DRV rally in Lake Havasu City this next year in April.

Jerome
11-01-2018, 07:55 AM
What is a DRV convention forgive I am new at this.

Notanlines
11-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Jerome, it is designation for the old name, Doubletree RV, which Doubletree Hotels didn't much care for so the name kind of stuck, but is now Mobile Suites.
The rally of course, is just a group of Suites owners/interested parties who gather round and brag that their units (RV's) are bigger, or nicer, taller, longer, etc., than the next guy's.

Jerome
11-01-2018, 11:03 AM
That sounds great but I would be out of place since my Montana is better them all.Now you could see where this could go. LOL

wingnut60
11-02-2018, 06:42 PM
That sense of humor would fit right in...

Jnall4
11-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Will you be at the 2019 Int. in Elkhart, wingnut60?

Jerome
11-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Don't plan to at this time. But are not sure about the dates for this meeting. My wife Judy and I are just getting started since we just purchased our camper. We are looking for a way to interact with people who travel and camp in various places. We are planning a trip out west towards Ar, Ut, and NM in April and May of 2019. Hope we can meet up with someone who is making this trip or has made this trip to pick their brain. So you can see we're trying to put this together through the winter so we'll know what we are going to do in 2019. Jerome & Judy

wingnut60
11-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Jnall4,
Not planning on it--was up that way in Sept for several maintenance items. Not big on large rallies--regional are plenty big for us.
Joe