PDA

View Full Version : Water coming up through the bathroom floor.

Timcin2015
09-25-2017, 07:38 AM
We have water seeping up they our DRV 2015 Cincinnati bathroom floor. No apparent leak in sink or shower, and nothing around base of toilet. Read some basic information that could be flange and seal. Has anyone heard of or experienced this problem?

wingnut60
09-25-2017, 07:53 AM
I would pull the toilet and see what could be wrong there; otherwise, I would suspect a loose fitting behind the shower controls, or the shower drain is leaking somewhere.
When you say 'apparent'--have you looked at the connections to the shower control? Should be an access door on the wall behind the shower somewhere.
Joe

Timcin2015
09-25-2017, 08:03 AM
We've looked all along the shower wall and it is dry. The water on the floor is between the sink and the toilet and in examining the sink it to is dry. I suspect either could be leaking under the floor but no idea how to look or check since it's all sealed.

Stripit
09-25-2017, 08:55 AM
If after checking the conectins Wingnut60 suggested, checked under the sink and no visible leak, I would crawl under the trailer, cut open a access point where you see the water and inspect. Resealing is not that hard and once you can see what is leaking fix it. Water anywhere it should not be is trouble.

Timcin2015
09-25-2017, 09:34 AM
The bathroom is in the upper area so can't access from under trailer but from inside the basement ceiling? Makes me crazy they do not have access to the plumbing.

wingnut60
09-25-2017, 04:21 PM
Don't know how you are about getting into things, but taking the steps apart might give you a view under that area--not sure of your floorplan. Also, emptying the basement and opening wide the sliding door on drivers side and using a good flashlight MIGHT note some reflection of water--you can see some of the lines in my RSSA that way.
When you say "looked all over the shower wall" does that mean you actually looked at the back of the shower control where the connections are? It was mentioned once that the plastic fitting on the hot water feed was not even finger tight on one unit and tightening that fitting stopped a leak. Also, some have had an internal leak in the toilet valving itself.

wingnut60
10-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Tim,
Ever get this resolved?
Joe

Timcin2015
10-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Yes we had a mobile tech come out and he discovered that the water was getting between the shower pan and cabinet during showers. He sealed it and we are hopeful that the problem has been solved. Seems like a bit of a design flaw. Fortunately DRV has some sort of protective finish on the wood subfloor so there was no damage to it and the vinyl plank is easily handled with adhesive.