PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle Wiggle

richard717
08-07-2017, 09:45 PM
My 5er needs some help with movement. Right now I have the front jacks and a rear stabilizer. I have had the screw up portable jack stands under middle to see where I might put a more expensive jacking system at. Someone in my camping circle says I should buy a Tripod King Pin Stabilizer. Do these work? Don't want to spend money if doesn't help. It's like replacing car parts till you find the bad part. Dads 5er came with 5 ft. long bars on front jacks that once you got set you would tighten down some big wing nuts, never got around to asking him if they worked (no longer around). How many of you use the king pin style? Thanks for advice. Richard.

wingnut60
08-07-2017, 10:58 PM
I have had one of the tripod stabilizers that came with my previous Suites fiver--very heavy and awkward contraption. Used it once, decided it did no good and sold it.
I think the ones your dad had work best--there are several designs available--and have seen positive reviews on them. And, they stay on the jacks and not in the basement or in your pickup.

Stripit
08-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I used the Wingfield cross braces and they made a huge difference in the wiggle your talking about. I compared the costs and ease of use to JT Strongarms and the Wingfield set up. I installed in probably an hour or so and had the wife test the before and after shake, she was pleased with the results. The system stays in place and your not having to find somewhere to store the that center stand.
http://winfieldrvproducts.com/