PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Santa Fe NM

Dapperdan
04-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Hello, *We're having a Level-up problem and I'm stumped. *We arrived in Santa Fe this afternoon, set up and went for a spin into town. *After getting back to the trailer we noticed a "popping" sound coming from the landing gear. After a few hours the front legs were drifting down ever so slightly. *I had a problem last summer with the front legs dong the same thing and called Lippert tech support about it, *I was told to check the fluid level," if the level is at half or less you probably need to add fluid and most likely introduced air into the system". After bringing everything in and up I added fluid to the tank and ran the slides in and out as well as the jacks up and down. *That took care of it. * **

So this evening I thought I would do the same as the fluid level looked a bit low with the slides out and the Jacks down, I added a little fluid. *After running the legs up and the slides in all "seemed" well. *Now for the problem..... I was going to put the front legs down and pull the truck out from under the trailer and re-level BUT the front legs wouldn't budge, I can raise the rears but nothing happens with the fronts. *The pump makes a weird sound when I try the front legs. *I can't lower the front legs OR retract them. *I don't see any obvious leaks.

We're stuck now because the truck is under the trailer and I don't dare pull out from under it. *....So does anybody on here know of a decent mobile tech I can call here in Santa Fe to look at this situation? *Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, *Dan

wingnut60
04-08-2017, 09:39 AM
First thing, ask the park manager/owner who they recommend. Then check this link for NM RV service reviews: http://rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=NM

Might call Lippert to see if they recommend anyone in the area.

You've been adding fluid--it has to be leaking somewhere and getting soaked up in the insulation, not allowing it to drip to ground.

I also have a pump/motor/resevoir assembly out of an '08 model if that would help you when you find the problem. I got it from a forum member that upgraded his setup in case the one on my '05 faltered--but it didn't, and I traded the unit off.
My email is joedobry@gmail.com or can call me at 817-239-0514

However, if the back jacks work; if the slides work; the pump is ok. The problem has to be in the valving or the jacks themselves. Keep that in mind.

Joe

Dapperdan
04-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Thanks Wingnut, I called Roberts RV repair in Indiana this morning and he gave me GREAT advice! We're not in as bad of shape as I had feared last night! Somehow I knocked a wire lose that actuates our front Jacks! Whew, crisis averted. For now, I'm going to get blocking for under the trailer "just in case" till we get back home. I'm going to be paying Roberts a visit in May for a rebuild. Then NO MORE problems going forward.

Dan

wingnut60
04-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Dang, there goes my chance to move this pump assy I no longer need...

Glad you got some good advice and the problem solved.

Joe

Mike2338
04-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Roberts rebuilt a couple of my stabilizers. You will be happy with them.

m

Dapperdan
04-09-2017, 03:41 AM
I'm sure I will Mike just talking to the guy, he seems very knowledgable of the struggles we Suites owners go through with the level up systems.

I'm looking forward to meeting him in person and getting my jacks rebuilt.

Dan

hobo2
04-23-2017, 08:34 AM
I have a 2016 38Rasa DRV , we were parked in AZ for 5.5 months and front stabilizer never moved. Picked up in saint george , noticed after a few days the didn't drain all out in shower. Went out and hit auto level went up couple inches. Marked and arrow 6 inches down and it dropped 3/4 in 24 hours. From here heading to Provo for 2 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good repair service Tec for our problems in saint George UTAH or Provo Utah.
I posted this on good Sam's an someone referred hydraulic fluid additive. Has anyone tried this a d what brand hydraulic additive did they use. I will call customer support at lippert on Monday.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Do you have Jim's Rv in Indiana number handy

Dapperdan
04-23-2017, 09:15 AM
I have not tried the anti stiction fluid (fork oil) myself as we have an appointment with Bob at Robert's Quality RV Repair in Indiana in the next few weeks. Our trailer is safe and sound for now in our storage lot.

Bob had suggested to me to try "re-setting the seals". This might buy you some time but be aware this is only temporary. Run your front legs down until they just touch the ground, DO NOT PUT ANY WEIGHT ON THEM! Run them back all the way up, then run them back down until they just touch the ground again, run them back up. Now run them down and they should hold for a while. This is what I did to get our trailer home. Once in our storage lot I "re-set the seals" again, it's still standing (hasn't dropped) since I parked it last Wednesday.

Roberts Quality Repair number is 812-655-2583, Bob is very helpful and you should get good info from him I sure did. Can't wait to get this problem behind us!

Oh, and just another little "fact". I was talking to my buddy who just spent 4 months in Navarre FL this winter, when I mentioned we had problems with our jacks he said there were a few people at their campground with fifth wheels having the same trouble, Must be a rash of that stuff going on all over. Just saying.

Good luck with your situation.

Dan

wingnut60
04-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Check this link for RV repair service reviews in Utah...

http://rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=UT

clev
05-26-2017, 08:18 PM
If you read the owner's manual, it will tell you that the fluid container should be filled within and inch of the top cap; my 2017 was barely half full. It took 2 full quarts to get it up to the required fill level. I think it must be a one gallon container.

Chad Heiser
05-28-2017, 08:33 PM
If you read the owner's manual, it will tell you that the fluid container should be filled within and inch of the top cap; my 2017 was barely half full. It took 2 full quarts to get it up to the required fill level. I think it must be a one gallon container.

To clarify, the reservoir should be filled to within 1" from the top with all the slides in and all the jacks up. Do not add fluid with the slides out or the Jack's down.