PDA

View Full Version : No Landmarks on the Road...

jayc
02-18-2006, 06:49 PM
I just returned from a trip down to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, winter home of many, many snowbirds. I didn't see one Landmark on the road down there and back. I didn't go into many of the RV parks down there, but with the exception of one pull-type trailer that is a FEMA refugee trailer in a park in Houston, I have never seen either a Landmark or Bighorn on the road or in one of the parks that I have visited (about 9 this year so far).

I have been very interested in a Landmark trailer for a long time and this is not a slam on the brand, but just an observation that I haven't seen one outside of a dealer's lot. I know that there are a lot of members of the Heartland forum, but apparently none of them live in Texas or at least none that come to the Houston area.

Cooper
02-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Heartland has only been making LandMark for two years so there's not to many out there, I own a 2006 LandMark Golden Gate and love it. Let me know when you come through Dallas I may be going on a trip I travel in it at least once a month. The Dallas RV show is this weekend and the LandMark will be there.

madigand
02-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I was in Kerrville, TX at The Buckhorn Resort last weekend. There was a Bighorn 3500rl there. It was their maiden voyage. Jim was eager to show it to me as interested in Grand Canyon model

jayc
02-22-2006, 07:52 AM
I know that the Houston Heartland dealer will not participate in the Houston RV show. I called them last year to see if they would be there, but they said it was "too expensive to be worthwhile".

I would really like to see this brand do well as I am still interested in them.

Cooper
02-23-2006, 08:57 AM
It looks liked if you sold one trailer you would make your money back plus. Just called my Dealer they will not be @ the RV show in Dallas. I think the dealer has a place in Austin, Houstin and Denton. Explorer USA

Today 2/23/2006

jayc
02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, I think you're probably right Cooper, but in order to sell a unit, you might first have to deal a bit to make the sale. The Houston dealer does not seem to want to come off MSRP more than a couple of thousand dollars. As far as I can tell, they have yet to sell the first Heartland trailer and their website still shows that all of their stock is a 2005 model.

BTW, I don't think that there is an Explore USA in Houston.

Cooper
02-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I talked to my dealer yesterday and he will be in the fall show. I said would it be better to be in the show now because people will be looking for a trailer for this summer. He is opening another store in Fort Worth and did not have the man power.

CampingCaptain
03-02-2006, 09:13 PM
jayc,

We just got back from 2 weeks in the Rio Grande Valley. There was one Landmark 5W in the park we stayed in in Pharr. I didn't talk to the owners so can't tell you anything about how they like it.

Cooper
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
I have a Gloden Gate but I have only seen one other on the road. I will be hitting the road soon if the weather holds out Wednesday it was 93 March 1-2006 and the rest of the week is in the 70's. time to get out

BluegrassMan
05-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi Guy's

I just thought I'd let you know there are many Heartland trailers out there. I don't see as many Landmarks as Bighorns (economic reasons I guess). I love my Grand Canyon. The granite counters look sheek! All you higher end lookers really need to look at the Landmarks. Big Bang for your Buck!

bowtorc
08-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi guys

WE have a Landmark Mt. Rushmore and travel to Brownsville from Peoria Illimois for the winter. Look at them,you will love them.