PDA

View Full Version : National General Insurance

apickens
01-01-2017, 11:58 AM
I am looking to insure my 5th wheel with National General Insurance. Does anyone know anything about the company? On the BBB web site they have a number on bad reviews.

Thanks

wingnut60
01-01-2017, 02:08 PM
I just got a policy with them thru GS--was worried that it might be hard to get a claim done. Last June, I hit a guard pole at a gas station by pivoting too sharply--$5500 first estimate. Had only been with them 4 months--they asked for pics, I sent them, they ran an estimate off the pics and sent me a check less deductible. Since I was on the start of an AK trip, did not get the check for couple of months, but I had explained the situation. When I got home, found a competent fiberglass shop nearby, took the unit in, owner said they had done business with NG prior with no problems. There was about $1500 more in hidden damage, which NG paid without my even being involved. Unit is at home now with almost no way to tell what was damaged. NG handled it very well, in fact, don't think I have ever had an ins claim done as easily.
So, I say they are good to be with.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Joe

anpickens
01-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Thanks Joe

I visited the Better Business Bureau's web site and there are many complaints about the National General insurance company.

Happy Rving

Apickens

wingnut60
01-01-2017, 03:31 PM
I find myself believing in the general trend of reviews on the internet--some reflect terrible treatment of a customer--thus, it leads me to be biased toward a company without any personal experience. The real problem is when you go against the review trend and get burned yourself--then you wonder why in the world you didn't believe the reviews.
Remember, many more complain than compliment on service and quality.
Check out the reviews of State Farm and try to make an informed decision....
Joe

Stripit
01-01-2017, 07:46 PM
In many cases it isn't the company per se, but the quality or caliber of the adjuster assigned to handle your claim. After many years in the auto bodyshop business this was more true on a daily basis. As an example AAA was one of the best accounts in my shop, they had 6 adjusters out of the office that delt with my shop. Five were just wonderful to deal with, one was a real pain, for us and the customers. It is the luck of the draw when you turned in a claim on who was going to handle you. Some offices may have just the reverse in good vrs bad adjusters. So when people review the company it doesn't show the real cause of the complaint. How are the rates compared to other companies your checking out? Is it going to be a full time policy or a vacation type coverage?

westx
01-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Had National General thru CW had a tree jump out and got roof edge they replaced roof and thought all was well until renewal notice was received. Had a 350% increase. Do not have them now

Gramps
08-05-2017, 11:19 AM
We went with National General at the advice of our father in law and have had reasonable rates all along.
This past summer we totaled our car.( our Rig was in a campsite not involved in the accident)
They really handled it well couldn't be more pleased.
And our rates did not go up!