PDA

View Full Version : What was the "Mobile Suite Package" on the 2012 36RSSB

PamelaBaja
11-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Hi-looking at buying a 2012 36RSSB3 and was wondering what the"Mobile Suites" package was for $9425. I have the build sheet but it does not explain what exactly it was comprised of.:) Thanks anyone!

wingnut60
11-29-2016, 04:22 PM
I have a '12 brochure--no mention of that package. But I have seen it listed as a 'forced option'--that is, you get it whether you want it or not. Why it is called an 'option', only the marketing dept would know, but I don't think you could get one without it.
As to the '12 model--there is a design problem that has been mentioned many times--the slide-out system for the large bedroom slide. It is a Schwintek rack/pinion system and many, many owners have had to replace the motors and have other adjustments to it to keep it moving out/in in sync side-to-side. Check on the bedroom slide on the outside--if it has silver tracks at the top and bottom on both sides, that is the system.
Something to keep in mind...
Welcome to the forum.

PamelaBaja
11-30-2016, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I've read about that problem but the trailer has everything else we want! and a great price. I was warned to keep the slide light, if it doesn't have the Washer/dryer the better. I think I'll try and call DRV today about that option:):-D

golf_bears
11-30-2016, 10:33 AM
The "Mobile Suite Package" is a whole lot of standard equipment on the DRV units, as follows.
"Goodyear 17.5 H Tires & Wheels, 20cu.ft. Residential French Door Refrigerator, Power Options: Awning With Aluminum Cover, Dishwasher, Convection/Microwave Oven, Power TV Antenna, Custom Painted Exterior Graphics, High Gloss Gel-Coat Fiberglass Exterior, Freight: Hydraulic slide outs with select push button controls, R-29 Floor, R-25 Roof, R-16 Walls, 3 1/4" Walls, 15" Triple Stacked Box Channel Chassis, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Other Pinless Hydraulic Front Landing Gear, Water Manifold, Storm Door Panels, LED Lights, All Weather Package, Frameless Windows, Franklin Series Residential Furniture."

This information is on the DRV price sheet. If you don't get these items you really don't have an RV, right?

The $9425 and the statement that it covers the cost of the "Mobile Suite Package" is a ploy to boost the MSRP. With a higher MSRP the dealer can give you a larger discount to make it look like you are getting a great deal compared to other dealers. It's a "flu-flu" number and not all dealers play that game.

I just went through this "flu-flu" scheme this summer with a dealer. Told them their numbers were very deceiving and deceptive. Also told them a few other things. Went to four other dealers and none of them used the "flu-flu" numbers to deceive me. Guest who I didn't order my new RV from?
I can even tell you the dealer who uses this ploy but that would not be appropriate in an open forum like this. My business ethics won't allow me to disclose the dealer.

You're looking at 2012 unit and if the deal is with a private individual, those numbers don't mean anything. If you are working with a dealer, I can probably tell you who the dealer is, don't fall for those numbers.

Good luck with getting a MS.

Incidentally, if you might be interested in a 2008 MS 36TK3 send me a PM and I'll send you the specks and pictures.