PDA

View Full Version : Am I Getting A good deal?

grandjour
06-19-2016, 01:23 PM
My wife and I have been looking at 5th wheels and found a 2010 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB3 locally for sale at $48,500. The unit is in pristine condition with all the features we want. The only problem I have is that I have been unable to find other units for sale to decide what is an appropriate price to pay. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Grandjourhttp://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2010-DRV-Mobile-Suites-118499462

chevman
06-19-2016, 03:32 PM
great looking condition. this would mean to me it would be worth more than the averge. Also if any repairs are not needed that would be another plus.

chevman

Stripit
06-19-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm from that area of Michigan, so normally not a bad weather area. Plus it is being kept indoors so the sun has not beat it up. From the photos it looks pristine, but you would need to actually lay your hands on it and give it a real look over. They are asking what they feel it is worth, and I don't think they are too far off the mark, in my opinion.

Cummins12V98
06-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Looks like a good deaL. IS IT A 36 OR 38'? IF IT DOES NOT HAVE THE SCHWINTECK SLIDE SYSTEM ON THE BED SLIDE YOU WILL BE GOLDEN.

wingnut60
06-20-2016, 01:14 PM
As Cummins mentioned--check with the owners to see if it has the Schwintec slide systen--no pic with the bedroom slide out. You can tell if it has the system by noting if the bedroom slide has metal 'racks' on the upper/lower of both sides. This Schwintec system is a rack/pinion system that has proven to be problematical to many owners due to the size/weight of the slide containing the washer/dryer area.
Just something to be aware of.
But it surely looks nice, and the price is not out of line. Remember, cash talks.
Joe

terry and jo
06-20-2016, 08:33 PM
On the 2010 models, it will NOT be a Schwintek system on the bedroom slides. Our MS is a 2010 and it's all hydraulic. The Schwintek systems didn't start being put on until around 2012.

Since the one you are looking at is a 36TKSB3, that means that the bedroom slide hydraulic system has a flow diverter to take one source of hydraulic fluid and divert it to the two different rams of the slide. (At least it's that way on our 38TKSB3, so I'd assume the same for a 36.) With the flow diverters, ti has been recommended that when operating the bedroom slide, that it be allowed to travel ALL the way in or out without stopping it. I've operated a time or two with a stop before complete retraction/extension and not had a problem, but it would still be advisable to try to follow that suggestion.

Also, with the three slides and the hydraulics, there is a recommended sequence of slide operation to insure that the hydraulic fluid flows in a way that helps the system get rid of any air bubbles. Here is that recommended sequence of slides and Level-Up and landing gear rams.

Order of Operation of Slides and Level-Up

Setup (Legs down and slides out):
1. Front landing legs
2. Level coach with level up legs and landing legs
3. Bedroom slide
4. Kitchen slide
5. Door side slide

Close up (Legs up and slides in):
1. Door slide
2. Kitchen slide
3. Bed slide
4. Level up legs
5. Front landing legs

As for the price, if it is truly pristine and all systems have been checked out to be good, I'd have to think that you were looking at a pretty darn good price.

Terry

grandjour
06-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Has anyone used the inspection service at General RV? We're looking to get a complete inspection and are finding the options limited.

Stripit
06-22-2016, 10:55 AM
General RV has up and down reviews for service, but here are some other possibilities:
Bob's RV Mobile Repair Services  
RV Repair Shop
Address: 20444 21 Mile Rd, Macomb Township, MI 48044
Phone:(586) 201-3631
[URL="http://bobsmobilervservice.com/"]
Bob's mobile rv service
http://www.palcocamper.com/products-services/
Palco in Roseville
Eastside RV  
13 Google reviews
RV Dealer
Address: 26288 Groesbeck Hwy, Warren, MI 48089