PDA

View Full Version : Enable avatars

happydog
01-18-2006, 02:01 PM
I suggest you enable avatars in the config settings of the forum - that way individuals can add some uniqueness to their posts -- like this
http://crackrecoveryforum.com/forum/images/avatars/7265623174138b36409c50.gif

5thwheeler
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Happydog - Avatars jsut kill the performance of a website. On a site thats dedicated to a particular subject where the majority of readers are office based and on a broadband connection they are fine but 5thwheelforums has an equal share of readers that are mobile and do not have access to a fast connection.

happydog
01-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the repy - guess I'm spoiled by a 6MB download speed - it's been quite awhile since I've done dial up.

I'm curious as to the connectivity of the forum members -- I notice many parks are offering wi-fi connection via wi-lan on premise. It seems to becoming a sought after amenity - for me (a newbie) my plan was to utilize one of the Verizon data cards which offer somewhere between 400-700 kbs connectivity - still better than dial up.

Steve

TOiler1
09-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm curious as to the connectivity of the forum members -- I notice many parks are offering wi-fi connection via wi-lan on premise. It seems to becoming a sought after amenity - for me (a newbie) my plan was to utilize one of the Verizon data cards which offer somewhere between 400-700 kbs connectivity - still better than dial up.
Steve

I'm a full-timer and unfortunately the CG wi-fi isn't the norm yet (we don't stay at the fancy resorts). I use the Cingular air card but even that isn't very fast when on the fringes of service (2-3 bars). Though I enjoy avatars and personal pics they do clutter up the bandwidth. :(

5thwheeler
09-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't have them enabled due to performance issues for those on dial up accounts - sorry.