PDA

View Full Version : yellow flame

oldbird
05-25-2016, 11:10 AM
On my front burner it has on high setting a blue flame and the tips are all yellow unless you turn it down. The back burners are all blue. When there is yellow flames it smells! At first I thought it was a bad regulator but with the back burners burning nice and blue I don't know. I guess we should go out to eat more often :).

wingnut60
05-26-2016, 07:40 AM
The yellow flame indicates incomplete combustion--too much gas for the oxygen being mixed in. I would take that burner off and make sure there are no obstructions anywhere. Not near my trailer, but I think each burner is separate and can be removed, and also there may be an adjustment for oxygen. Can't help more, never had a problem with ours.
Keep an eye on the grommets for the grill legs--those little suckers can come off and bounce under the slide, where you can utilize nice little words while you fish for them.
Joe

oldbird
05-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Thanks Joe, I'll check that out.

oldbird
07-01-2016, 08:37 AM
I should have updated this thread. A new set of grommets did the job. Amazing how a little thing like this can make a big difference! Thanks

MnP
07-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Oldbird,
What grommets are you talking about? I have the exact same issue on my stove, the same burner.

Thanks
Mike

oldbird
07-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Mike, its the rubber grommets that are shaped like rings and go over the legs of the steel grill. They fit into the holes on the sheet metal top of the stove and keeps the grill up at a level where you get a good burn. If the grill sits to low then the yellow smelly flame starts.

MnP
07-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Glenn, Thanks. I didn't realize that could cause the problem. I am missing one of the grommets. Now the big search is on to find a source to purchase grommets.

Mike

oldbird
07-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Its a common item, I think. I found them at a little RV dealer out in the middle of no where, LOL

MnP
07-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Thanks. I'm finding several sources on-line.