PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum from Cape Vincent, NY

capehank
04-12-2016, 09:55 AM
My husband and I will be starting our adventure in the fall of 2016. We are both retiring June 2016. We have a 2011 Big Horn being towed by a 2011 F350 diesel. We are very excited. The excitement is that we have no idea where exactly we are headed. We do know we will be visiting family in Prairieville, LA. Other than that we plan to visit many Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds, state parks as well as National Parks. We have been traveling during the summer months over the past 15 years in NY state. Now we can finally travel without a clock. We are so excited.

Our ultimate goal is to play golf in all of the continental states. This will take a few years to accomplish, but it is a goal. We are thinking about workkamping as well.

Hope to see you in our travels.

Stripit
04-12-2016, 02:23 PM
How exciting your new life will be. It took us about a year to really slow down and realize that we were no lnonger on vacation and this was our new life. Then we took everything slow, moving no more than 250 to 300 miles a day and then only every 2 or 3 weeks. Leave the park on a Tue, Wed or Thursday, leave by 9am, stop for lunch and in the next park by 4. You can normally get a better site during the week, the park is normally less crowded and easier to park the rig, save some by staying longer than a week, get to watch the weekend visitors come and go. Have a wonderful time, keep us informed on your travels.

wingnut60
04-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Stacey
I am jealous of your lifestyle--just can't let go of the home base.
Joe

Stripit
04-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Stacey
I am jealous of your lifestyle--just can't let go of the home base.
Joe
Hi Joe;
We are no longer living the full time life style, have a couple of homes again and only travel when we want. We had a BLAST, made it 8 years and would have continued except they were giving homes away back in 2010 here in Arizona. Many of the foreclosed homes were going for about 1/2 and even less of what they had sold for only a few years before, so we bought one. I'm sure if we had not picked up this house we would still be out there cruisin fulltime.

Widows Son
04-17-2016, 02:51 PM
I like the idea of a long term gypsy tour...
I've never been touring out on the east coast. I hear it's beautiful in the fall.
My buddy has a 5er and he lives outside Boston. He says he can cross 10 states in a long day. Amazing!
Enjoy your golf tour!