PDA

View Full Version : How much water pressure?

bacardiron
03-07-2016, 08:34 PM
I recently purchased an adjustable water pressure regulator and was wondering if anyone knows the highest safe pressure for the drv's. I would like to adjust up to 50-55 psi if that is within spec for these rigs. We have a washer/dryer in our 2007 32TK3.

wingnut60
03-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Should not have a problem with that pressure. I have had over 100 on my unit without a leak, tho I wouldn't want to have it that way every day.
Joe

MnP
03-07-2016, 10:59 PM
You shouldn't have any problems at 60-65 PSI.

terry and jo
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM
We've had a Watts 263A for a while now, and your target of 50 to 55 should be fine. However, I'd try to stay under 60 if possible. While most of the plumbing is not a problem, even at higher pressures because it is PEX line, the fittings are a different matter.

We lived in a small mobile home park once with darn high water pressure and I kept getting small leaks where the fittings went onto the faucet inlets. Even after getting a water pressure regulator on, I've had two occasions where a PEX fitting actually blew apart. Once it was the fitting where it hooked into the toilet, and another time was on one of the shower faucet inlets.

Terry

netjam
03-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Terry is right on. Use as little pressure as you can get away with. My 07 Elite Suite sprung leaks constantly and I set my regulator at 40 which seemed to work. The pex was never a problem but the leaks were with the fittings and a few places where a flexible garden hose type hose was used. (exit of pump in particular)

Cummins12V98
03-08-2016, 11:13 AM
I had 75psi + here and the water heater pop off kept weeping so I installed a WATTS regulator and set to 60psi and all is well.

bacardiron
03-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, I feel more at ease now. Ron and Nickie Newbie ( not our real last name but it fits lol ).

oldbird
03-10-2016, 10:58 PM
I can't seem to get enough pressure even after removing the valterra water regulator. I also put in a 5.0 gpm pump and my pressure is better with the pump. Is there a water restrictor of some kind inside when you use a hose? My regulator has a gauge on it that says 50 psi where I'm at now but the pressure inside is NOT 50 psi. I can't figure it out. My filter is new.

Cummins12V98
03-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Clean out the faucet screens.

wingnut60
03-11-2016, 07:20 AM
oldbird,
If pressure is ok with the pump, but less with utility source, then the restriction is somewhere between the entry connection and where it ties into the rest of the system.
Should be a check valve just behind the fresh water connection in the service bay--you access the area thru the basement doors past the water heater. Its hard to reach, but doable--had to replace the check valve on mine couple of years ago--don't get a replacement until you get the old one out, as there are a lot of variations available.
You can also just disconnect the water line into the filter and aim it outside then have someone turn on the water supply--this should give you a clue if the restriction is somewhere before the filter.
Joe

oldbird
03-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Clean out the faucet screens.

I've had all the faucet screens apart including the shower and washer.

oldbird,
If pressure is ok with the pump, but less with utility source, then the restriction is somewhere between the entry connection and where it ties into the rest of the system.
Should be a check valve just behind the fresh water connection in the service bay--you access the area thru the basement doors past the water heater. Its hard to reach, but doable--had to replace the check valve on mine couple of years ago--don't get a replacement until you get the old one out, as there are a lot of variations available.
You can also just disconnect the water line into the filter and aim it outside then have someone turn on the water supply--this should give you a clue if the restriction is somewhere before the filter.
Joe

You might be onto something. When not hooked up to a water source I saw that the entry connection was dripping. I put a plug in it to stop it. I bet your right about the check valve. I'll be doing some investigating. Thanks

Cummins12V98
03-12-2016, 01:25 PM
I think there may be a screen where the water hose attaches to the RV?

wingnut60
03-12-2016, 03:25 PM
There usually is--easy to visually check, looks like the one in some washing machine hoses.

oldbird
03-12-2016, 08:32 PM
I'll have to check that for a screen.

Joe, I looked in the service bay and could see the back of the check valve. Looks like all you have to do is unscrew the hose connection then pull it out working on the outside. It is hard to get at so I'm glad most of the work is on the outside.

Maverick
03-13-2016, 10:59 AM
You will find water pressure is not as important as water volume. The largest diameter hose to feed your system will help you immensely.
Size: 1/2", psi: 40, Length: 25 feet, GPM: 24
versus
Size: 5/8", psi: 40, Length: 25 feet, GPM: 44
versus
Size: 3/4", psi: 40, Length: 25 feet, GPM: 72

If you want a great shower, go with a larger hose.

Okie
03-13-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't believe the size of the hose going into the coach will change the size of thewater lines inside the coach.

Okie

Maverick
03-13-2016, 03:12 PM
I don't believe the size of the hose going into the coach will change the size of thewater lines inside the coach.

Okie

Did I say it would? The volume of water entering the RV will change the performance. Same as the media in your water filter. When you purchase a new water filter, look at the flow rate. The media in the filter determines the flow rate.

Stripit
03-13-2016, 03:41 PM
You will find water pressure is not as important as water volume. The largest diameter hose to feed your system will help you immensely.
Size: 1/2", psi: 40, Length: 25 feet, GPM: 24
versus
Size: 5/8", psi: 40, Length: 25 feet, GPM: 44
versus
Size: 3/4", psi: 40, Length: 25 feet, GPM: 72

If you want a great shower, go with a larger hose.

Very informative information, thanks for posting that.

oldbird
03-13-2016, 11:06 PM
I think there may be a screen where the water hose attaches to the RV?

There usually is--easy to visually check, looks like the one in some washing machine hoses.

Your both right, my Travel Supreme didn't have one. The MS was completely clogged up, I don't know how any water got thru. Thanks!

wingnut60
03-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Well, that was certainly easier than the check valve...

oldbird
03-14-2016, 09:21 AM
yep! lol..