PDA

View Full Version : Buffet

dalehandsome
01-26-2016, 09:12 AM
We are thinking of having a buffet custom built for our 2010 TKSB3 which did not come with the buffet. Can anyone give me the measurements of the length and depth of the top of the buffet?

Thanks,
Dale

terry and jo
01-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Dale,

We removed the dining table and 2 of the four chair from out 2010 38TKSB3 back some time ago. In our case, we didn't see then need for a system with 4 chairs, so we ordered ours through Alicia and Slade at Rolling Retreats and then went over to Elk City for a few days so Slade could install it.

I just measured the top and it is roughly 72" long and 13" deep at the widest part of the top. The height is of the buffet part is roughly 31" high. As such, and since ours was purchased from DRV, it fits right under the frame of the dining table window. When Slade installed it, he had to cut the baseboard out for the area of the buffet's base. Incidentally, with the DRV buffet, the ends of the top taper back to where they are roughly 10" wide.

Here is a picture of ours after installation. This will give you a bit of perspective as to how it fits at that window with the above measurements.

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_20478_0_7b6a11a1be6d30b69cd53624d763b072.jpg (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/TerryandJo/media/Our%20New%20Home/DSC_2578_zps75d7a655.jpg.html)

Terry

dalehandsome
01-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Thanks Terry,
Our units were built together. Ours is #5334. They have changed the buffet a little this year. The new ones are two tiered. The center one is the tallest and the two on the ends are a bit shorter. They are also finished with corian and not wood on the top. The big change, which we really like, is they now have a leaf that can be inserted in the middle to make to even longer when you have guests over. It is a little expensive but I think we are going to bite the bullet. We are also considering redoing the carpeting. Have you had any experience in changing the carpet?

Thanks again for your reply and picture. That really helps visualize.
Dale

wingnut60
01-27-2016, 08:30 PM
Dale,
When you get around to redoing the carpeting, would appreciate some feedback on the operation and results. After 10 years, we need new carpet badly.
Thanks,
Joe

dalehandsome
01-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi Joe,
Got a bid from Custom Coach Works in Ormond Beach, Fl. They said it would be around $3,500. A little out of our budget at this time so we are still looking. If we find something more affordable we will let you know. They also said it would take 7 to 10 days to complete.

wingnut60
01-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Man, thanks for the quick reply. Gotta do something, but will wait til after our AK trip this summer. Have heard of this type work available in the RGV for around $2800--still a lot.
May be trying this myself later this year.
Joe

golf_bears
01-28-2016, 08:34 AM
We had our carpet and linoleum replaced a few years ago while in the RGV. Cost was about $2400. They came to our site and did the complete RV flooring in one day while we watched. The quality of the materials were far superior to what DRV puts into their RVs.

porkchop
01-28-2016, 09:22 AM
A few years ago I took all of the carpet out of our trailer. Took about 1/2 day. Took about that long to remove all the staples along front edge. They can't use carpet tack strips to hold it down, just as in any house, on this edge because it would damage your feet. I then had a professional install a quality ceramic tile. Looked wonderful! Pulled that trailer for 8 more months with no problems. Cost around $600 total. Took the installer (2 people) almost a full day to do.

Bill