PDA

View Full Version : leak under toilet after using shower

cecee008
12-09-2015, 03:11 PM
We have a leak under the front of the toilet after using the shower. The leak occurs anywhere from 15 minutes after using the shower up to an hour or more. The shower is on one side of the room while the toilet has a room by itself across from the shower. The camper is a Keystone 5th wheel, Everest, model 343L.

wingnut60
12-09-2015, 09:05 PM
No water under the toilet at any other times? There should be an access panel some where on the backside of the shower to get to the faucet connections--could be a leak there. Since it is only after using the shower, and the shower lines have pressure on them up to the faucet, I would think you have a leak in the drain. There should also be some access somewhere to the base of the shower to where you can see if the drain fitting has loosened or is cracked.
This is all assuming that the water is traveling under the linoleum from the shower to the toilet area.
Need to do a little searching for access to the bottom/underneath of the shower.
Joe

MooseSuite
12-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Check the shower drain connection, run your shower into a pail, do you have a leak? Check your cold and hot water connections. Shut off the hot water, run your shower into a pail.
If all ok then check cold water connection.
I assume you have a external shower head, joined at the water connections. Check this connection when checking the hot water connection.

If you have a Fiberglas shower stall check for hair line cracks on the floor. Seal with epoxy.

I posted this, website shut me down, so near a duplicate answer, but I'll leave this,

cecee008
12-11-2015, 09:52 AM
thanks for a couple of things to try. between the shower and toilet is carpet and it does not get wet.

wingnut60
12-11-2015, 10:51 PM
If your trailer is like most others with carpet, the entire floor was covered with linoleum (if indeed your trailer has any linoleum) and the water may be traveling under the linoleum instead of the carpet. If your carpet is laid directly to the flooring, then I have no guess how the water is getting from A to B.
Sometimes these type of problems do not have the logical first thought answer--you may just have to quit showering....
Have you tried running the shower with cold water only, wait to see if the leak shows up? Then hot only, to see what happens? This might also give you an indication if weight on the shower floor is part of the problem, or if it actually is tied to the hot or cold only.
Joe