PDA

View Full Version : Screen Door Panel Insert

MooseSuite
12-08-2015, 01:39 PM
The plastic film on the bottom insert has separated from the spline on one end.
Reading how to fix, it seems cutting a lexan insert is the most economical, over replacing with a new panel. Ie I haven't found how to replace the film.

Anyone found the film and process to replace. I really don't want to order new, probably expensive. Know of the vendor to contact to find a price.

Walt
12-08-2015, 04:51 PM
You might try Hobby Lobby if there is one near you. My wife goes there to buy a clear plastic sheet for a table cloth. It is pretty tick and might work.

Kerry
12-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Are you out of warranty. Would stil check with DRV, even if you are

MooseSuite
12-09-2015, 08:46 PM
I contacted DRV, to find pricing and shipping costs. I've heated and stretched the film and replaced spline. Not the right fix. I can't find the vendor on line. Out of warranty. Love the product idea. Thanks for the replies. If I find a fix I'll post.

MooseSuite
12-10-2015, 06:27 PM
DRV asking $65 plus shipping. You have to buy both upper and lower panels.
I'll try hobby lobby for film.

hitchup
12-14-2015, 10:56 AM
We tore the plastic out of the bottom section this summer. DH tried multiple times, but it stretches out of shape and won't stay in the rubber spline.

MnP
12-14-2015, 08:06 PM
I just replaced mine with Lexan. A bit pricy but much stronger and the dogs can't tear it up. Bought the Lexan at Lowes. They cut it to proper dimensions and I used a jigsaw to round the corners on the top insert. About $100 in materials for Lexan and silicon.

Stripit
12-15-2015, 02:21 PM
I just replaced mine with Lexan. A bit pricy but much stronger and the dogs can't tear it up. Bought the Lexan at Lowes. They cut it to proper dimensions and I used a jigsaw to round the corners on the top insert. About $100 in materials for Lexan and silicon.

I did the same thing, could keep the main door open and still run the a/c and see outside. Also can feel like we are not closed in. Not a hard job and cost was well under $100 with the premium materials. If we didn't need them in place, they were off in seconds and the screen was still in place.