PDA

View Full Version : New member/Soon to be new owners

schrod
11-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Hello everyone!

We finally are retiring. I farmed for a living and this fall was my final harvest of the row crops. I will turn 66 in December.

We presently have a travel trailer and having been dealing for several months on a 2016 Evergreen Bay Hill 375RE to be built to our specifications. Upgraded to Life Style 8K axles with disc brakes, 17 inch wheels, Goodyear H rated tires, and heat pumps on both A/C units.

This will be semi full time with maybe almost full time later. I wanted a trailer with a specific floor plan but with the added bonus of the upper end lines bottom so to speak, and also one that umpteen people had not walked thru and touched or tried everything.

We finally got this fine trailer order placed on Friday and now the "Night before Christmas" wait begins! We are not sure yet where it falls into the factory build schedule but we are hoping to have it around Christmas time.

Everyone that has been involved in this long drawn out affair has been so great to work with. The dealer has been more than patient. The factory sales rep has been terrific. This young company is bending over backwards to help us get the trailer of our dreams and also gain a long term customer in the process.

Thank you for reading. Rod

wingnut60
11-01-2015, 07:58 AM
How are you going to survive not having to get up before daybreak??

Sounds like you have things going your way and a really nice unit to enjoy the road.

Joe

schrod
11-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Ha ha Joe! I haven't been beating daylight for a couple years now!

As to the unit, it is rated for full time and I convinced the factory to add some features not available. Great people to work with.

We are so looking forward to getting it before the new year and heading south for a few weeks to give it a maiden voyage and shakedown. This is of course after a couple shakedown days near the dealer to familiarize ourselves with the new unit.

Are you in the part of the state getting all the rain? Thx, Rod

wingnut60
11-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Best option is the axles/wheels/tires--you should never have to worry about anything with them except age...

We had 17" during month of May--nothing more til last 2 weeks, then 11" in 2 days than 6" another day. Very wet, but serious flooding is around Austin--we are near DFW.

Hope you enjoy the new fiver as you hope to.

Joe

schrod
11-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Yes to the "best option". I have read a lot on as many forums as I could find. Everyone (including you) had made comments about upgrading the tires. I also had read of axles needing replaced due to bending and such. I decided I wanted the luxury axles-brakes-wheels and tires. Evergreen Bay Hill said yes they would do it for me. I did not like any of the Life Style floorplans but do love this rear entertainment floorplan as it is just the exact reverse of the front livingroom floorplan with the added benefit of the divider becoming a countertop!

The wife wanted the dishwasher and stacked washer/dryer. Have to keep the better half at least semi-happy!

Glad you are farther east of the worst flooding. We get this nice trailer we will most likely be headed for Sam Houston forest north of Houston. I have a cousin that lives on Lake Conroe in Willis. The wife has a cousin in Katy. We could stay there for a couple weeks. I think my senior pass would work there for half price stay.

Rod

wingnut60
11-01-2015, 01:50 PM
If you like the SH forest area, check out Cagle Campground--

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/texas/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=30284&actid=29

Full hookups, very similar area to SH and not far away.

Amen to the dishwasher and W/D...and to happy wives.

Joe

schrod
11-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Joe, I just left that website and it looks like the weekends are all booked way ahead. I am not sure of our dates yet anyway. I will call the # of the campground as soon as I know definite dates. Thx for trying

Rod