PDA

View Full Version : Wax safe for decals

calliopeguy
05-11-2005, 06:44 AM
This is my 3rd attempt at this msg so the other 2 might be out there someplace but I can't find them. I have smooth aluminum siding and would like to know if anybody knows of a wax that is safe for decals. I know a lot of people have been using standard waxes for years with no obvious damage to the decals but all I know of are not recommended for vinyl decals. Anybody have any suggestions?
Ken

Cougaram
05-11-2005, 10:09 AM
When I had my Wildwood aluminum sided TT I bought some product at the flea market in Yuma and it was great.Easy to put on and did not affect the decals.Don't remember the name. Try www.tech-products.com.The product is called Car-Tech it is an acrylic polymer.Worked well for me,Iam going to do my Cougar fiberglass today if it warms up.

Cougaram
05-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Correction www.tech-products.com

Stripit
05-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I bought a used trailer that was 6 years old, and almost every vinal strip on that unit looked brand new. I asked the owner what he was using to keep them so nice, he gave me a bottle of Protect-All. I bought a case and have been using it on the cars, truck and new trailer. Seemed to keep the vinal colorfull and vibrant.

gr8adventure
03-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I use Aero Space 303 Protectant...just got it and it works great! There is a lot of threads about it on the RV.Net Forum.