PDA

View Full Version : DRV Mobile Suite Changes 2016

Joezilla
09-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Here are a few of the changes for the (I guess) mid year 2016 models.

EXTERIOR:
1. Crimson Dusk Partial Paint
2. Shadow Birch Partial Paint
3. Copperbay Full Body Paint
4. Silver Sands Full Body Paint
5. New Winegard Razor powered HD TV Antenna
6. New Metal Slam Latches
7. LED Lights on Awnings
8. New 17.5” Wheel Rims
9. New Over The Door LED Light

I will come back later with some of the interior changes.

Joe

Joezilla
09-10-2015, 12:01 AM
INTERIOR:
1. New LVT Plank Flooring
2. New Countertops (add countertop to Buffet top & nightstand tops)
3. New Backsplash
4. New Glass Design
5. New 12V Light Sconces
6. New Cabinet Door Design & Hardware
7. New Kitchen & Bath Faucets
8. New Drawer Fronts
9. New Fascia Trim Design
10. Lighted Ceiling Soffit
11. New Franklin Furniture Collection
12. New Dinette Buffett Design w/ Drawers
13. 55” TV Standard (NO POWER LIFT)
14. New Décor: Milan & Camden (Kashmir is carrying over)
15. New Main Wallboard w/ Slide Out Accent Wallboard
16. Avonite In Bath Sink & Countertop Edge
17. New Medicine Cabinet w/ LED Lights
18. New Wardrobe Door Design w/ Recessed Finger Pulls
19. Felt Liner On Top Of Bed Base
20. New Memory Foam Mattress
21. Doors On Both Sides Of The Island

Bugcatcher
09-19-2015, 10:38 AM
I have looked at a couple of 2016's and they still have the power lift tv, maybe the dealer ordered them as an option?

Bugcatcher
09-19-2015, 10:40 AM
I have looked at a couple of 2016's and they had the power lift tv, maybe the dealer ordered them that way?

hitchup
09-20-2015, 10:58 AM
That's part of the problem. The early year's units, may not have all the designated changes.

We ordered a 2014 in August 2013. If we would have waited a few weeks, we would have had lots of changes. They were called 2014.5 model. We got a few upgrades, but not everything (like Cherry instead of Maple cabinets).

If we would have waited a full month, there would have been new floorplans to choose from. But they didn't want to release them until September after the "Show".

We couldn't risk having to pick up our unit in ice and snow in late Nov or Dec. But guess what, we got snowed in at the dealer for a few extra days anyhow.

Joezilla
09-21-2015, 09:46 PM
There is a big manufacturer open house show in Elkhart that starts tomorrow. All the new changes will be shown there.

Joe

hitchup
09-23-2015, 02:27 PM
There is a big manufacturer open house show in Elkhart that starts tomorrow. All the new changes will be shown there.

Joe

Alicia posted photos from the open house on Rolling Retreats FB page. They have the new MS 40KSSB4 and the Full House TX500.

Joezilla
10-19-2015, 06:44 PM
I am excited to report that our 2016 Atlanta 43 is finished and is being shipped to our dealer this week! We should be in it within the next two weeks so I will be able to report about these changes first hand. We were not sure about some of them because when we originally ordered we did not know the changes were coming. We found out after the order was placed. That is actually pretty exciting to us to see the changes. Our one concern was the paint job--we had asked for the Vegas Nights Mobile Suites Estate full body paint. Luckily, they were able to accommodate us so we do not have one of the new paint jobs which, for us, is a positive. We can't wait to take delivery!

terry and jo
10-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Congratulations. I suspect that you will get many good years out of that new one. There has been a couple of times that Jo said that she would like to have a 43-footer with a rear room. I told her that she had to limit herself on how much room she could take up with her sewing center. My cameras, including the huge new camera bag, takes up a lot less space. (Her stuff is a bit more expensive than mine too, although, not by a lot.

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_19964_0_afd6b7dfd68656614f6f74914979f5db.jpg (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/TerryandJo/media/Embroidery%20and%20Sewing/DSC_5907_zpsziggodwf.jpg.html)

Terry

Joezilla
10-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Congratulations. I suspect that you will get many good years out of that new one. There has been a couple of times that Jo said that she would like to have a 43-footer with a rear room. I told her that she had to limit herself on how much room she could take up with her sewing center. My cameras, including the huge new camera bag, takes up a lot less space. (Her stuff is a bit more expensive than mine too, although, not by a lot.

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_19967_0_afd6b7dfd68656614f6f74914979f5db.jpg (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/TerryandJo/media/Embroidery%20and%20Sewing/DSC_5907_zpsziggodwf.jpg.html)

Terry

Wow, that's a lot of room for sewing. Debbie wants to do the same, but she wants to be able to close off the room so that the RV looks neater. ha. I do not care. We have a couple of friends currently at the DRV factory and they were able to take a pict of our finished rig and sent it to us. Hopefully, Slade and Alicia will be getting it soon!

Joe