PDA

View Full Version : 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta

Joezilla
09-02-2015, 12:20 PM
We got the official word from Alicia yesterday. Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept. and is scheduled to go online Sept. 23 and come offline on October 5. Woohoo!!

I am not clear on the process after it comes offline though. Can anyone enlighten me?

We should take delivery the first part of November. We were hoping for sooner, but it is what it is.

Excitement does not begin to describe our feeling!!

Joe

IShootSharpStix
09-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Off to paint, Morryde for IS(?), then back to factory PDI, then to your dealer. Ours came offline 7/27 and was ready to ship to the dealer on 8/17.

Chandler
09-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Really proud for you. I know you are going to enjoy it!

hitchup
09-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Alicia is good about keeping you informed on progress. We have dozens of photos and a video.
But the order depends on how busy Mor-Ryde or Onan are. Just plan on spending 3-5 days to move everything over, find issues and get familiar with changes.
Ours came offline on 9/24 and it wasn't in OK ready for pickup until 11/21. Even then, if it weren't for the Wind, Sleet and Snow, we would have had an easier switch.

TeresaB
09-06-2015, 10:13 PM
"Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept."

Joe,

I am interested in the MS Atlanta Model as well. You mentioned your build was approved by the DRV engineering dept. Did you make structural changes? Just curious as I am thinking the bunkroom might work better for us if it were in a different configuration.

Teresa

Joezilla
09-08-2015, 01:52 AM
"Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept."

Joe,

I am interested in the MS Atlanta Model as well. You mentioned your build was approved by the DRV engineering dept. Did you make structural changes? Just curious as I am thinking the bunkroom might work better for us if it were in a different configuration.

Teresa

Alicia at Rolling Retreats suggested a different slide for our kitchen/entertainment area. So the usual Atlanta k/e slide was removed and a different one was added. Here is the special that covers this....

2. DELETE TK DELETE TELESCOPING ISLAND AND INSTALL WALK AROUND ISLAND- DELETE WINDOW BY 2ND BEDROOM DOOR & INSTALL 38RSSB3 OD SLIDE (KITCHEN SLIDE) DELETING THE APPLIANCE GARAGE (ALICIA KITCHEN)- CONTINUE OVER WITH COUNTER TOPS AND UPPER CABINETS LIKE VIN #6818 W/ SPICE RACK- LEAVE 110V OUTLET IN SPICE RACK AREA THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN APPLIANCE GARAGE-

This gives us an island instead of a peninsula in the kitchen. It also gives more counter space and a bigger entertainment area. It does take out the window by the 2nd bedroom door however.

Joe

Cummins12V98
09-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Joe is this what yours will look like? I think this is the 38RSSB3 kitchen/entertainment slide.

We dumped the pop up TV and went with the 55" TV and no window. We really like this combo! The slide that comes with the 39TKSB3 has the barn door and leaves very little counter space. Also deleted the window by the frig.

http://i.imgur.com/8XLkMTxl.jpg

TeresaB
09-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Very nice. I like this so much better than the model with the appliance garage. It makes it look much bigger and open. You mentioned you went for the 55 inch TV. Is that the largest TV that can fit in the space? (My husband wanted a 60 inch TV)

TeresaB
09-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the info. Anything that would give more counter and living space is alright by me!

By the way, what is your opinion regarding the floor space in the bunkroom?
We will be traveling full time with our 8 yr. old daughter. So far, I have not been able to walk through an Atlanta model but after looking at photos, I am concerned about the amount of space she will have for her room. Do you think it is worth removing the bottom bunk to gain additional floor space? We have already decided to delete the desk, as she will have the dinning room table and pull out desk over the fireplace for completing school work.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Teresa

Cummins12V98
09-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Very nice. I like this so much better than the model with the appliance garage. It makes it look much bigger and open. You mentioned you went for the 55 inch TV. Is that the largest TV that can fit in the space? (My husband wanted a 60 inch TV)

Actually the 60" will fit! For the viewing distance 55" is more than enough IMHO. We also have an outlet between the right side of the TV and the left of the tile. 60" TV would not allow the outlet.

Nice to have options. We had the appliance garage on the last MS but we sure don't miss it!

Thanks for the compliment!

Cummins12V98
09-08-2015, 01:24 PM
We made the pull out above the Fireplace a shallow drawer. Could not see sitting in front of the TV with the Fireplace on! We keep Computer on dining table.

Joezilla
09-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Joe is this what yours will look like? I think this is the 38RSSB3 kitchen/entertainment slide.

We dumped the pop up TV and went with the 55" TV and no window. We really like this combo! The slide that comes with the 39TKSB3 has the barn door and leaves very little counter space. Also deleted the window by the frig.

http://i.imgur.com/8XLkMTxl.jpg

It is very similar. I seem to remember a wall separating the TV/kitchen counter area, but I could be wrong.

Joe

Joezilla
09-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Actually the 60" will fit! For the viewing distance 55" is more than enough IMHO. We also have an outlet between the right side of the TV and the left of the tile. 60" TV would not allow the outlet.

Nice to have options. We had the appliance garage on the last MS but we sure don't miss it!

Thanks for the compliment!

The 60" TV is only for the Rear Entertainment models, according to the DRV spec sheet.

Joe

Joezilla
09-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the info. Anything that would give more counter and living space is alright by me!

By the way, what is your opinion regarding the floor space in the bunkroom?
We will be traveling full time with our 8 yr. old daughter. So far, I have not been able to walk through an Atlanta model but after looking at photos, I am concerned about the amount of space she will have for her room. Do you think it is worth removing the bottom bunk to gain additional floor space? We have already decided to delete the desk, as she will have the dinning room table and pull out desk over the fireplace for completing school work.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Teresa

If you remove the desk from the back bedroom, I am thinking your daughter will be thrilled with the room she will have. But, like you Teresa, we have not been able to physically walk through an Atlanta model. Debbie spent a day with Alicia in Elk City. Alicia sold an Atlanta to a couple in Oklahoma City and put in a call to them to see if Debbie could view their unit. Unfortunately, they were not home that day.

Joe

Cummins12V98
09-09-2015, 12:21 PM
The 60" TV is only for the Rear Entertainment models, according to the DRV spec sheet.

Joe

I was told by our mutual friend that the 60" TV would fit.

Cummins12V98
09-09-2015, 12:22 PM
It is very similar. I seem to remember a wall separating the TV/kitchen counter area, but I could be wrong.

Joe

If you have the "WALL" I think that's part of the "Alicia kitchen".

hitchup
09-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Looks like 55" wall hung will be standard in the new 2016's.

While the lift is a nice idea, we preferred the wall hung on our 2006 Elite. Should have deleted the lift on the 2014, but we always forget something when we customize.

Joezilla
09-10-2015, 11:38 AM

While the lift is a nice idea, we preferred the wall hung on our 2006 Elite. Should have deleted the lift on the 2014, but we always forget something when we customize.

That is correct. They raised the fulltimer's forced option several hundred dollars. One of the things that caused that is the new 55" TV.

Joe

TeresaB
09-10-2015, 12:22 PM
If you remove the desk from the back bedroom, I am thinking your daughter will be thrilled with the room she will have. But, like you Teresa, we have not been able to physically walk through an Atlanta model. Debbie spent a day with Alicia in Elk City. Alicia sold an Atlanta to a couple in Oklahoma City and put in a call to them to see if Debbie could view their unit. Unfortunately, they were not home that day.

Joe

Thanks Joe. I think the 55" TV will be fine.
I was able to reach Kyle Miller at DRV and he sent me a floor plan with measurements, So, I just used painter's tape to mark off the dimensions on the floor to get an idea. It looks like it will be plenty of room for my daughter. Thanks so much for all of the information.

Cummins12V98
09-10-2015, 05:45 PM

I think it was one of those "Great" ideas that no one used! Sounded like most people were deleting it and going with the 55" TV anyway.

Leliko
10-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Teresa,
I've walked through Atlanta and I am in love with it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to order it yet but I'm still dreaming about it. Anyway, depending where you live or are now, there is a family that lives in Atlanta and travels around US full time that might be close to you. They must be somewhere in CA right now. I'll ask them now -would you be interested?
Any news about your Atlanta?
I'm so jealous :):):)
Best wishes from Maryland,

Lela

Leliko
10-27-2015, 10:20 AM
If anyone has any new photos from their newly ordered Atlanta, please post!

Joezilla
10-27-2015, 09:17 PM
We have seen our new Atlanta today. I will see about taking some pictures tomorrow. It is awesome and we are pleased!

Joe

TeresaB
10-28-2015, 11:37 AM
We have seen our new Atlanta today. I will see about taking some pictures tomorrow. It is awesome and we are pleased!

Joe

I'm so excited for you!!! :) I was just wondering when your Atlanta was being delivered. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Teresa

TeresaB
10-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Teresa,
I've walked through Atlanta and I am in love with it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to order it yet but I'm still dreaming about it. Anyway, depending where you live or are now, there is a family that lives in Atlanta and travels around US full time that might be close to you. They must be somewhere in CA right now. I'll ask them now -would you be interested?
Any news about your Atlanta?
I'm so jealous :):):)
Best wishes from Maryland,

Lela

Lela,

Thanks for the offer. We will start our full time journey in May or June 2016. So we still have a little time before we take the leap on our new RV. (Our little girl decided she wanted to go to school with her neighborhood friends since this will be our last year in our house, so we pushed back the date.) My only concern regarding the Atlanta is the size and configuration of the bunkroom. I was able to get a floor plan that had measurements, and then I taped off the dimensions on the floor. I think the size will be ok, but tape on the floor is different than actually being in the room. Everything else about that model is perfect.

What are your thoughts regarding the bunkroom? Too small, just right, delete the desk / bottom bunk??

Teresa

Joezilla
10-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Initial impressions of our new Atlanta are VERY positive. We absolutely love it!

Now, mind you we are not in it yet. It has been delivered to RR and Slade has gone over it and found some things that need to be fixed. Thus he has ordered parts and such. I am hopeful that we can finalize and do paperwork and PDI and all the rest by middle of next week. We shall see.

It seems that DRV left a screw or two on the floor and thus the dining room slide was able to grab them and gouge the floor in a couple of places. Slade has ordered some new tiles. The smoke detector and the inverter are both beeping. I think the smoke detector just needs a new battery. The inverter may be beeping because it is on and the coach is connected to shore power also. Not sure though since I have never had a coach with an inverter. We ordered the oil rubbed fixtures (kind of a dark pewter) however, the pendent lights in the kitchen were shipped silver. All will be taken care of, just takes a little time.

An interesting note is that even though the rear bedroom comes with two bunks, DRV does not include a ladder to reach the top bunk. I thought that was odd.

Oh, this is our first experience with the straight line roof. Those upper cabinets above the love seat, the refrigerator, the back desk, etc are WAY UP THERE. ha. We made a trip to Walmart this morning to purchase a two step ladder so Debbie could reach those areas better. Not just better, but at all, they are so tall, she could not barely reach the bottom of those cabinets.

All in all, we are very pleased, but are so ready to start moving in. We have not been given the okay to do that yet.

Joe

Leliko
11-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Joe, good luck with getting your Atlanta in final shape as soon as possible and please post photos whenever you have them.