PDA

View Full Version : 2011 34ft Montana -leak

Lovetocamp
07-09-2015, 06:11 PM
I am new to this - we have a 2011 3455SA with 4 slides, we have been camping & it has rained really hard the last couple of days. We have noticed that on the floor under the dining table (which is on the door side slide), is wet up against the wall & out about 6 inches, it is along the wall under a window facing the door. We can't seem to find where the water is coming from.

Kerry
07-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Sounds like your window is leaking. I would check the sealant around the outside of the window, being a 2011 I'd probably recaulk it. Lexel clear caulk is really good.(Ace hardware)

wingnut60
07-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the forum.....

Ditto on the window possibility. And check all the rubbers on the window itself--they tend to shrink in sunlight. Also, check the top of the slide where the roof meets the outer flange--might have a crack/seal leak along that edge. Water leaks can drive you crazy, I have dealt with one for a year on our bedroom slide. There may also be an angle piece along the front and rear bottom slide edges that is screwed to the slide--check that for cracked caulking if there is a piece of angle metal.
Joe

MooseSuite
07-12-2015, 02:01 PM
From experience the angle piece as per W60 post should be resealed.

Might be time to retape the top slide area.

Use a hose to narrow your search, water leaks are precarious.