PDA

View Full Version : NEW- Member, NEW SABRE 5th Wheel, New to 5th Wheel camping

Columbis
12-27-2014, 08:35 PM
First off, Thanks for the forum looks to very informational. After owning a pull trailer for 11 years we now upgraded and are the prod owners of a 2014 Sabre 311 Rets Silhouette. It has the rear entertainment, 3 slides, residential shower with many upgrades. We jumped in feet first after finding this one on the internet. It required a 13 hour drive one way to look at and purchase the rv. After 1 hour or so of Pdi and paper work we were hooked up and heading down the interstate. I feel I wasn't totally green because we used to pull a trailer and I did a lot of reading and even bought a 5th 101 rv video. Our trip total was a total of 1800 miles, about a dozen nites camping along the way when all said and done. Everything works like it was supposed to, No problems and only One curb check at the super target. We are pulling the Sabre with a 2012 Ford F350 Super duty 6.2L gas engine with 4.30 axle. Reese Elite hitch that fit right in the puck system. I had my truck at the cat scale before we left and it weighed in at 7250lbs. After weighing stuff and using the work sheet from the rv 101 guys, I came up with 20105 combined truck n trailer. So, again appreciate the web site and I will be reading a lot from you site.
Thanks and happy camping

wingnut60
12-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Thats a nice combo, and well balanced.
Bet you are liking the current gas prices...
Joe

billr
12-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Welcome! Nice rig for sure. Like mentioned already, good match truck and trailer! Enjoy!!

Columbis
12-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the replys. I didn't see a Sabre section That's why I grabbed the first section for Forest river products. I am going to post in the Ford truck section also and see how many are pulling with the 6.2 gas. And yes, I like the lower gas price also. Some of the diesel pullers told me they averaged about 12mpg. I am averaging 9/10 and still haven't been to Colorado. Anyway, great web site and thanks.