PDA

View Full Version : Toilet mounting bracket

dpbrushaber
12-13-2014, 06:55 AM
We have a 2007 Mobile Suites. Does the toilet mounting bracket screw into the black tank or is it glued. Can it be replaced by unscrewing or do we have to cut the pipe.

wingnut60
12-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I don't know how it is attached, but there is a definite drop space between the floor and the top of the tank--I had my toilet out completsly to change out the valve and the mounting flange, as I remember it, is on some pvc piping before it gets to the tank. I would guess that it is on a threaded section, or there would be no way to change it out.
Wish I could be of more help...
Joe

porkchop
12-13-2014, 04:14 PM
The toilet it's self is attached to the floor flange in much the same way as your residentual unit is. The floor flange is in turn attached to the floor as the residentiul one is. The pipe from there to the tank is in fact glued together. If you need to change the tank or the floor flange it is simple to cut the 3" pipe and then reattach later with a "Fernco" rubber coupling.
Fernco is simply a manufacture's name. Others make them and most outlets that sell plumbing stuff will have them. Good luck

Bill

dutch
12-28-2014, 08:23 AM
The 3" nipple is screwed into the tank and the floor flange is gluded. I had to get a replacement from DRV and cost $12