PDA

View Full Version : antenna

sylvain&lynn
07-28-2014, 07:45 PM
where is the antenna booster in a 2006 elite suite 38 rl3

RickandJanice
07-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Antenna booster is the power switch on the signal splitter used in these units.

sylvain&lynn
07-29-2014, 06:56 PM
on our last trip tv stop working on antenna what could be wrong

Jimfla
07-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Make sure the green light is on on the spliter box obove the tv I just had replaced my box 2nd one bought it on amazon

Okie
07-30-2014, 12:11 PM
The light on mine is red. But just be sure it is on. It runs on the 12v dc system. Also one time I found that the cable had disconnected at the antenna.

Okie

sylvain&lynn
07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
the light on the splitter box is on i check the connection at the antenna the coax look dammage is there a splitter under the roof if not how do you change the coax

thank you for your help

Okie
07-30-2014, 10:05 PM
What kind of damage are you talking about? A coax is hard to break. Is it cut or broken? There isn't any splitter between the ant. and the box. The splitter box is also power to the amp in the antenna on the roof. It gets it's power through the cable. If the connector on the roof ant. was damaged I would replace it. They have kits for that at Radio Shack. You cut off the old one and put on a new one. It is possible that the amp in the ant. has gone bad. If that is the case you will have to replace the ant. Nothing is ever easy.

Okie

sylvain&lynn
07-31-2014, 05:22 PM
i try 2 differant antenna,original batwing and the free jack antenna nothing works so as to be the coax i will cut the coax near the roof and put a splitter hopefully that will work

Okie
08-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Does your bedroom tv work?

sylvain&lynn
08-04-2014, 06:20 PM
i change the damage coax on the roof still does not work tv in bedroom does not work either am i missing something

sylvain

Okie
08-04-2014, 10:43 PM
I would start looking at the Splitter it's self. Check the connections on the back. You can see where the ant. input is on the back. Then the selector buttons on the front transfer that ant. connection to which ever connection is selected. That connection has a cable going to whatever has been selected, VCR, Bedroom TV, or whatever is selected. Make sure that the cable to the ant. connection is good If nothing is working (VCR-DVD) bedroom TV etc. I would look into a new Selector switch (splitter). Also you might use a multimeter and check the cable at the ant. to see if 12v dc is there. Check between the outside of the connector to the pin inside. This is what I would do to check it out.

Okie

porkchop
08-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Have you checked the TV to make sure you are set for the proper input? It happens.

Bill

sylvain&lynn
08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
i gave up cant get it to work from what i can see there is no power going to the antenna change the coax on the roof install a new splitter bought a new antenna so will have to do without tv

sylvain