PDA

View Full Version : Tredit Tire Sux

2 DA WDS
05-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Is anyone having their aluminum rims from Tredit Tire corrode? These are only 4 years old. I called Tredit and they said that the warranty is only 1 year. I should have known better that buy from them because on my first Suite a wheel came apart and they wouldn't replace all the wheels because they 'weren't part of the recall'. I bought these because again the weld failed on one of the steel wheels on my current Suite and Tredit would not replace it because I wasn't the original owner.

Anyone know what to do about the corrosion? I have tried Turtle aluminum rim polish, McGuires rubbing compound, Mothers rim cleaner and a wire wheel. Nothing really did much.

billr
05-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Tom, Its most likely the coating they put on to help them stay shiney and not corrode...hum.... you can wash that off with an acid wash for allum wheels or sand them and re-polish. When sanding you can use a power wheel buffing wheel to get the pits out if you want. Then bring them back up. You will be stripping them down and they will end up dull and have to work them back. I have done this on the Volvo wheels. I need to re-polish them now after about 6 yrs! Stays pretty good.

A bunch of elbow grease and you will be cooking!

Bill