PDA

View Full Version : Done with DRV

The Spices
05-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Hello to our fellow Mobile Suite owners. We looked at new Mobile Suites but were very disappointed in the quality. In the end, after much debate and consideration, we chose to go with a motorhome. We are finally out of our 2010 Mobile Suite and in a new Tiffin motorhome, towing a Jeep. We want to wish all of our friends luck with their units (hope they hold together for you) and safe travels. Maybe we'll see you at a Good Sam or Escapee rally?

By the way, should you be thinking about a motorhome, we highly recommend Tiffin and Davis Motorhome in Memphis - great people all the way around.

Herb & Ginger

Gemstone
05-01-2014, 08:22 AM
After you've been in it for a while, how 'bout coming back and giving us a pro/con update ?

Regards
Gemstone

Joezilla
05-01-2014, 12:28 PM
What model of Tiffin did you go with?

Joe

The Spices
05-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Phaeton 40' QBH (bath and a 1/2)

Ask us when we are done organizing!! Everything from our F450 hauler and 36' MS would not fit into the Phaeton. And we are still worn out from the marathon transfer. So far, we like it and I think once settled we'll like it even more. I KNOW that we'll enjoy exploring backcountry and desert in the Jeep. It is also much better for getting around town and parking than the dually.

wackum
05-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Congratulations on your new home! It was nice meeting you at River Lodge
May be our paths will cross again some time .

Joezilla
05-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Phaeton 40' QBH (bath and a 1/2)

Ask us when we are done organizing!! Everything from our F450 hauler and 36' MS would not fit into the Phaeton. And we are still worn out from the marathon transfer. So far, we like it and I think once settled we'll like it even more. I KNOW that we'll enjoy exploring backcountry and desert in the Jeep. It is also much better for getting around town and parking than the dually.

Good to know. If I ever get tired of 5th wheeling, I'd go with a Tiffin motorhome also.

Joe

roca3612
11-15-2014, 03:47 PM
When you are in Red bay for service, try Mr. J,s for Pizza and other good food.
Former Phaeton owner!

Cummins12V98
11-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Well I hope you have better luck than our friends that have Tiffin's. One could not keep their front windshield in place even after structural upgrades to the frame. It just kept popping out! They let it go back to the factory.