PDA

View Full Version : Control Panel

sprehoda
04-06-2014, 11:50 AM
On our control panel between the electric and gas water switches is the markings DSI and FLT and a red lite indicator.

Can someone tell me what they stand for.

Thanks,

Steve

terry and jo
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Well, it looks like I will once again get to learn from someone else's question. In our 2010, between the same two switches is DSI and the word "Fault" with the red light between them. When I looked up "rv hot water heater dsi fault" in a search engine, something came up indicating "Direct Spark Ignition."

I found this as an explanation on another forum:

"OK that means your hot water heater failed to start. It tried 3 times and locked out. Direct Spark Ignitor fault ( flt ) You probably have air in the line and it needs to be flushed out. I usually just run my stove top on 3 burners for a minute to bleed the air out. Just turn the water heater off for a minute or so and it should try again 3 more times till it lights. If not its gas side is broke. The electric side of the water heater should still work."

Thanks for asking this question because I had never seen that indicator light and wouldn't have known what it was unless I went to looking.

Terry

porkchop
04-06-2014, 07:48 PM
On the 4 units we have had it is fairly common for the light to show until the flame ignites, then go out, the first time it cycles after being off for a period of time. Should take no more than 10 seconds. Seems to be a pretty normal action and not a cause of concern. If it does not ignite the light stays on. Then cycle it like Terry said. Good luck

Bill