PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Teton Grand Landing Gear Problems

CWRVER
03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi,
I'm working on a 2005 Teton Grand. It has front landing gear problems. I will need to check the front landing gear and possibly remove one of the hydraulic cylinders to make the repair. The front section of the trailer will need to be jacked up and supported in order to make the repairs. I will NOT be using the 5th wheel hitch on a truck for support.

I've searched under this trailer and can not locate the twin I beams, I've read about, that Teton supposedly has that supports the entire weight of the trailer. All I can see are the 2"x2" steel, floor framing members that definitely will not provide adequate support. If anyone out there knows, please lead me in the right direction as to where the support beams are located and where the best place would be to position the heavy duty jacks to support this trailer while it is being worked on.

wingnut60
03-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Wherever the spring hangers are attached to the frame is where the frame rails are. Don't know about a Teton, but you should be able to move forward from the spring hangers and find a spot for a bottle jack.
Or, you could get a 4x4 that is about 80" long, place under the front of the trailer behind the landing gear and use the jacks on that.

To me, the term "twin I-Beams" just means the steel frame i-beams that run the length of the trailer from the rear to the front overhang.
If your underbelly is covered, then the cover will be attached to the "Twin I-Beams" by sheet metal screws, and that is a way to trace the rails.

Joe