PDA

View Full Version : Rear windows won't seal tightly

louwho99
10-04-2013, 05:26 PM
We have a 2008 Mobile Suites 38RLSB3. The problem we're having is that the rear windows (at the bottom of the large picture window) won't close tightly. Using the knob, we dial them all the way closed but the windows aren't "sucking in" and sealing. Today in Denver, we're having rain/snow/wind and the temperature tonight will be in the 20's. Wish we could move south, but that's not possible right now! If you sit on the couch, you can feel the cold wind blowing in. Any idea how to get these windows to seal tightly?

Thanks!

wingnut60
10-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I just go outside and push on mine after dialing them as tight as I can. 2 of mine will pop in after I push on them. One of them is bent from when I replaced the windows, the other--don't know why it won't reseat.
joe

Gemstone
10-05-2013, 07:38 AM
A sharp tap on the bottom of the window frame with the heel of your hand should do the trick....works for me.

Regards
Gemstone

Motor31
10-05-2013, 08:49 AM
We have to go outside and push the bottom edge in on ours. We tend to leave that window closed and only open the sliding ones.

billr
10-05-2013, 12:04 PM
As sad as it is, We too have to tap a couple of them as well. There is a reason they stick and I'm sure if it bothered me enough I would get at it and fix them. Just not that bothered I guess...

louwho99
10-05-2013, 06:34 PM
If we push, the windows will close all the way. But as soon as you stop pushing, they pop back out just a little bit. When a cold wind blows from the north, you can really feel the wind coming in. If we can't figure out a permanent fix, we may have to resort to trusty duct tape as a temporary measure, at least for the winter.

Motor31
10-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Have someone continue to crank the window in as you push it from the outside. Once it pops they should be able to tighten it up against the frame. It that does not work, I'd suggest simply putting a small bead of silicone caulk around the window where it mates up with the frame and let it set, then close the window against the new seal. Or you could get a small strip of foam weather seal that has adhesive on one side and line the frame with it to form a barrier to the wind.

It sounds like your window frame may be bent, preventing the surfaces to mate up.

Jack in Alaska
10-06-2013, 05:06 PM
It looks like that is a common problem including my rig.
A little "help" from your fist will get it tight.