PDA

View Full Version : Crown Molding Fell Off

jtm62942
09-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Crown Molding on long door side slide fell off. Anybody else have this problem? When putting it back on, would you use glue, nails, screws, nail gun? Any experience Here or recommendations?

chevman
09-05-2013, 08:46 PM
How was it fasten from the factory? I might want to use small head screws if the studs are aluminum and putty the holes. Also if you could fill the space where the molding leaves some space and then screw that wood filler into the studs and a nail gun could be used so I think that would be how I would install the crown molding.

chevman

wingnut60
09-05-2013, 11:17 PM
A lot of the moldings have a piece attached from the back of the slide flange, and the moldings are actually several pieces bradded together.
Screws from the rear if the entire piece has come loose, I think.
Joe

jtm62942
09-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Can't tell for sure how it was attached, guessing small nails from nail gun. Very small amount of contact from bottom of molding to the top of the slide.
Appreciate any and all comments and suggestions.

Motor31
09-06-2013, 08:51 AM
On my 05 rig all of the wood trim was fastened by using a nail gun with small brads. Lots and lots of brads.

golf_bears
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
I would use a nail gun with small brads and also apply an appropriate glue. I've had to do it on the vertical rear molding on both the kitchen and dinette slides. Puttied up the small holes after. Works well and you really can't tell things were patched up.

Okie
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I had the same problem, I used small brass screws. You can only see them if you are looking for them and I tried glue bu it didn't work.

Okie