PDA

View Full Version : Which 5th Wheel Manufacturers offer Modern Interiors?

yb064487
08-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Well, my wife and I have finally decided that we will buy a new 5th wheel. However, since we will use it as our home-away-from-home, we fancy having a modern interior.
Most 5th Wheels, even the luxury ones, seem to offer a log cabin wood interior look and cabinet trimmings that were found in houses in the '50s. "Traditional" fabrics and floor patterns are also quite depressing and frankly lack originality.

If you buy a new house today, you will be offered contemporary and modern styles interiors, with sleek counter lines and cabinets.

Are any of the manufacturers offering such modern interiors?

hitchup
08-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Obviously, you haven't been to an RV Show in the last year or two.

They are using two-toned cabinets, maple rather than oak, residential refrigerators, dishwashers and microwaves. You can delete furniture and buy 'mid-century' modern or traditional style residential furniture. Even the window valances have been changing over to wood vs ornate fabrics.

Some manuf, have added stone front fireplaces and hidden LED TV's on a lift. They may have Corian, Quartz or Granite countertops with ceramic or tile backsplashes. Soft-close drawers in the kitchen.

What doesn't change is the wallboard with molding to cover the seams. So they will always resemble a Mobile Home until they come up with a better system.

And if you wish, you can add wainscoting or wallpaper/paint walls afterwards. Very common upgrades that full timers do to their older units.

96 VIPER
09-02-2013, 07:07 PM
My wife and I have shopped for a new 5th wheel for the last 2 1/2 years. Each and every time we came back to the Trilogy. The workmanship and attention to detail was incredible. The interior layout and rich cherry woods gives this 5th wheel, maybe not a modern look (using glass, plastics and fancy formed fiberglass), but an elegant cozy feeling of home. We just purchased a 2014 3650 RL and it has most modern conveniences'.
Fire place, residential frig, ceiling fans, washer/dryer, 55" HD TV with 7.1 blue ray surround sound. Like any RV, there are some things I wish it had, but we love ours...Good Luck, but the fun part has been shopping around and talking with other 5er's.

netjam
09-02-2013, 08:16 PM
TRy StarCraft. Its been a few years but the last ones we looked at had paintable interior walls etc and were fairly modern. No wood, no wallpapered luan etc.

Motor31
09-03-2013, 10:01 AM
He declined to say what he considers to be modern accents. If it's chrome and plastic then I'd suggest he look at Airstream. They use very little in the way of wood paneling or fabric wall coverings. Then again if memory serves me right that harkens back to the 50's and 60's again.

wingnut60
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
If they are still being made, a Domani would fit the need exactly.
Joe