PDA

View Full Version : ES TK3 couch

Gemstone
08-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Just an FYI...it will fit out the door.

I just removed the queen size hide-a-bed couch...through the entry door. The metal door frame is 28.25" wide....the couch is 28.75 tall with feet removed....grrr. I took the metal work out of the couch to lighten the load (working by myself) then had to remove the screen door, then the entry door, then the metal door frame...stood the couch on end, then eased the bottom (resting on the floor) out through the doorway...no damage.... the back of the couch was towards the floor. Tight squeeze....made worse by the 107 degree heat. My cool down break is over, now out to put the door back on.
All because my DW wanted it out... as in gone....so she could redecorate.

Regards
Gemstone

wingnut60
08-21-2013, 06:09 AM
Well, hope things go better when you replace it with...what?
Joe

2blackdogs
08-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Gemstone, I have the same year and rig as you do and our sofa went out the door easily. I did have to bring in the slide a little so I could roll it out. If you plan to replace it with another sofa in the same spot, it's hard to find one the same width so the slides will come in.
Bob

Gemstone
08-21-2013, 12:38 PM
"replace it with...what?"....

replacing it with 2 antique Morris Chairs, and an antique Martha Washington sewing cabinet as a center table between the chairs. Now when the snoring gets too loud in the bdrm, I no longer have a couch to seek refuge on.... :(

Regards
Gemstone