PDA

View Full Version : DRV Owners - WARNING

The Spices
05-03-2013, 09:56 AM
"Public Service Announcement"

We have a 2010 MS. We just lost the motor on the hydraulic pump. In the process of diagnosing and making sure that we get the correct replacement part we have learned that our pump should have had an in-line circuit breaker. So - to hopefully prevent this from happening on your unit (or at a minimum to provide more protection): make sure that there is a fuse or circuit breaker in-line between the battery connection and where the power cable attaches to the relay for the pump. I am told that it should be a 50amp. It is my understanding that without this the relay could get a surge causing it to fail and taking out the pump motor in the process. I believe that DRVs are now being built with a circuit breaker in-line.

golf_bears
05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I would think this would apply to all RVs with the hydraulic system, regardless of age. I’ll be checking mine as soon as the rain stops.

Motor31
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
If you have already had the breaker installed, would you do us a favor and take a pic of it so we can see what was installed and where? That's assuming it's someplace accessible of course.

billr
05-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I don't think our 05 has one. I will check and add an auto reset one if need be.

Bill