PDA

View Full Version : Propane Tap

sprehoda
04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
The DRV factory insisted that the propane quick connect tap be made on the low pressure side of the tanks.

This means that I have to remove the reducing valve on our Weber Q100 and use 1# bottles for the Coleman stove.

Has anyone been able to set up a quick disconnect system utilizing high pressure propane?

Cummins12V98
04-21-2013, 03:20 PM
I am no expert on this subject. On my house I have a BBQ quick connect. I removed the regulator on my BBQ and all works well. The house has a regulator where the line comes into the house.

I am thinking about adding a quick connect on our MS. I need to do a bit of investigating.

terry and jo
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
The "house" already has a regulator for the supply of gas going to the house, thus the gas from the "tap" is likely already reduced in pressure. Basically, the Suites, if supplied with a line for a tap, is likely coming after the regulator at the tanks. Therefore, one would need to remove the pressure regulator at the grill and operate off of the regulator at the tanks.

This topic was discussed, with different solutions, over on the SOITC website's forum. Here is a link to that thread.

http://www.suitesowners.com/forums/showthread.php?3078-Question-for-those-of-you-who-had-the-factory-pre-plumb-gas-for-barbeque&highlight=propane+tap

Terry