PDA

View Full Version : GE Profile Spacemaker Convection MW Oven

Diesel-Gypsy
02-27-2013, 06:09 PM
I came accross a strange thing today, when the convection oven was on at 450* cooking a meal, the exhaust fan or range hood fan function was no longer working.
The oven had been on for at least 20 minutes, so it was good & hot.
Once the meal was cooked, and the oven was cooler, but not room temperature, the exhaust fan could once again be turned on.

So, is this something that is normal, but I was unaware of?

Also, while I was poking around, with the front upper vent off, so I could peek inside the "guts", I noticed just how much heat is trapped up in behind / on the top of that oven.
I have the 36TK3 model, so I have that wood panel with a decorative applique on it, and when I removed that decorative piece of wood above the oven, I was a little shocked at just how much heat is captive up in there when the oven is working.
The range hood exhaust fan is not ever responsible for removing that heat, so it had nothing to do with that.

I think I am going to change something, or modify something to help release some of that trapped heat in that closed cavity above the oven.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, or information.

Rick

billr
03-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I would suspect that you never noticed this before because the DW doesn't let you near the kitchen too often! :lol:

I can't help you with your issue, but good luck! :wink: