PDA

View Full Version : Good Sam Extended Service Plan?

DRV
02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
I have been a full-timer for the last seven months. I received information on the extended service plan. Is this recommended? I am a static full-timer in Savannah, GA area. No repairs required in the seven months I have owned my 2005 DRV.

Cheif 2
02-09-2013, 05:51 AM
I went with the GS plan simply due to the fact that at now 6 years old on my 2007 unit that it is only a matter of time before things start dying. Price out a refrigerator or AC unit and I think you will be convinced the GS plan is worth the $$

DRV
02-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks. It appears to be a good idea for full-time. I will go to Camping World for details on warranty specifics. I see in the brochure that A/C and heating, electrical, water heater, frig, oven, etc. are covered.

Motor31
02-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I have the plan but only because it covers the expensive things. The fridge is the biggest expense to replace. It covered a new cooling plant 2 years ago and saved me more than $2300 for that single item. Since I have a heat pump on one of the AC units it gets used year round. After more than 6 years (it was already replaced once under warranty) of constant use it's probably due to fail.

rjohnsonnm
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
I bought the plan in 2006 for my 2004 Suite. It has cost around $285 per year on average (up to around $300 now). The $2000 I have spent has resulted in around $3500 in covered repairs, so it is money well spent. I will warn you though, they are just like any insurance company when it comes to paying a claim. Every time they have tried to pay less than the repair company charges based on their "flat rate book." Every time I have had to talk to a customer "service" rep and then have had to escalate it to a supervisor in order to get the bill paid in full. But, since they have ultimately, but begrudgingly paid the claims I guess I would call it worthwhile to have it.
(I have found this to pretty much be the way all insurance companies work).
Ron